only 72 fps with x800gt?

abowlofrice

Daemon Poster
wow im only getting 72 fps on cs on my newly build computer with a GPU x800gt. the good thing is stay 72 fps in a smoke grenade, but i still want to get a hundred. does anyone know why im only getting 72 fps? im running openGL on 1024x768. do u guys kno any codes that u can type in console to increase fps?

whoa, your gettin 72 max on that resolution?
right now i get anywhere from 32 - 80 fps depending on certain textures, smoke dosent affect it that much and i'm running it on high high high + 1280x1024.......
why would you want 100? when mine spikes down to 30's it dosent bother me anything 30+ is fine for me after like 50 i dont notice the difference, like in the video stress test i get 30- 180fps i dont see any difference from 50 fps to 180.

EDIT: and i get all this on my rig in my sig, i'm not to familiar with ATI cards so i cant compare.

abowlofrice said:
wow im only getting 72 fps on cs on my newly build computer with a GPU x800gt. the good thing is stay 72 fps in a smoke grenade, but i still want to get a hundred. does anyone know why im only getting 72 fps? im running openGL on 1024x768. do u guys kno any codes that u can type in console to increase fps?

is the vid card performing as it should be on bechmarks & other games?

If it is then there is no problem. It doesn't matter if u get 72 or 100 fps. The game will run totally smooth when it's 60+ FPS and u will never see the 100FPS, because most likely ur monitors refreshing rate is slower than 100hz.

go into the developer console type "fps_max 101" without the "" and it will be at 100 :)

ya and then ur computer will go at its max even if is below 100. Also, cheack your monitors refresh rate and see if you can increase it.(more power consumption)

yup, treehugger is correct

the default MAX fps rate on cs is 72.0 fps.

to maximize it, you go into console and type: fps_max 101 (as stated above)
if you dont know how to activate console... go into the keyboard and mouse control configuration in cs options.. and should be a button on the bottom called "advaced options" and you just tick off the box. gl have fun

Osak said:
go into the developer console type "fps_max 101" without the "" and it will be at 100 :)

yep thats wut my friend told me to do, now i get 100 fps, also in smoke =D, thx

Back
Top Bottom