Online software sites?

myke

Solid State Member
Online software shopping

I am looing to get a copy of MS office . Where do you guys like to shop? I have searched google and found a few decent prices, also on ebay. But some guys sound like they are selling pirated versions. Any recommedations?

Thanks

Also can someone tell me the difference between Office Pro and Standard?

well, unless you HAVE to have microsft office, i would suggest openoffice.org. its basicly the same thing, except its free and not made by microsoft. other than that, im not really sure of where you could get an inexpenive version. newegg.com maybe? they'v lways got low prices.

I actually just tried open office. Im going to use that for now.

I also heard of Star office is supposed to be even better, but I havent tried it out.

One thing I love about open office is that instead of .doc, .xls, etc. filetypes, you can decide to export directly to PDF. Of course I have always used MS Office and am accustomed to using it, but I also have OpenOffice.org on my computer to make PDFs, so I don't have to fork out the cash for Adobe Acrobat.

adobe acrobat is free and there is a program available to save files in office straight to pdf (freepdf).

You're thinking of Acrobat Reader. Acrobat is easily $150 for one computer. But it integrates itself with Office and other programs.

yea i am. but as i said theres a program to convert files into pdfs for free and its easy.

Yeah I googled freepdf and you are right. I admit I never knew that program. That is one good option if you decide to go the route of MS Office.

Back
Top Bottom