Online degrees...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on which ones you mean. I am currently working on/finishing up my Associates through the University of Phoenix. It is a college, and the courses and coursework is real. You don't pay and get a diploma, that's for sure.

Depends on which ones you mean. I am currently working on/finishing up my Associates through the University of Phoenix. It is a college, and the courses and coursework is real. You don't pay and get a diploma, that's for sure.

Is it 100% online, or do you have to go to certain locations to take tests? The reason I ask this is because I am thinking of getting my associates degree online like you.

I'm sure ill have to make sure i can transfer my credits to other colleges if i want to pursue a bachelors degree.

What are the classes like? chat rooms, or video conferences?

100% online. My classes thus far have been discussions in a forum (very similar to this) and assignments that I do on my own. My text books are downloaded by the chapters I need (PDF format). Once I move into Bachelors the format will change a little, in that I will have some group projects/assignments.

The Associates program is set up as two courses at a time that run nine weeks at a time. One week class A has a discussion week, which is posting your response to the discussion questions and at least two responses on three separate days plus an assignment or two, while class B has a work week, which is 2-3 assignments and at least two posts to show you checked it. Then, they switch the next week and continue to alternate.

UoP is fully accredited. My employer pays my tuition, so it had to be accredited. They won't pay for ITT, but will for UoP (Axia is the undergraduate college).

Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking of joining Axia's Associate of Arts in Accounting Degree.

It's a big decision for me obviously, but i have heard good reviews of UOP Online, and it seems to be the best online college out there.

The Flex schedule is a big plus because i work 40-50 hours a week, and don't make that much money, so i can't really cut back the hours.

Question about the degree. Do all UoP Online graduates have to fly to the UoP to get their degree's?

Not that I am aware of. There is an extension not too far from me (Chattanooga, about 25 miles), so I could go there to pick it up, but I don't think you have to show to get it. If/when I get my BA, I will probably go out to Phoenix to graduate... that's a milestone I would want to preserve that way, but that's still a ways off.

I understand about working and going to school. I work 40-55 hours a week, sometimes more, plus help out at church, teach the teens, and lend a hand in a couple of ministries. Time can be at a premium. UoP makes it a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom