OneNote Section Does Not Open

Distant Equinox

Solid State Member
I have a section of OneNote that got corrupted. I contacted Microsoft and they said it couldn't be opened. It wasn't synced online either and I tried everything I could to open it but failed. I tried a lot of things.

The file is 7.61 MB and contains some important stuff. I think there has to be a way to open it. Consider this: If that file contained some important stuff that a large organization was looking for and it somehow got problem and wouldn’t open, then I think they would've been able to open it easily. I am pretty sure this file isn't corrupt and even if it is, not all of the file is corrupt. If its size is 7.61 MB and data is still inside then it can somehow still be recovered or opened.

This section is inside of a notebook that contains seven sections. All sections open correctly except one. This notebook was on other Windows 10 (which got errors and wouldn't start and kept loading forever) on another hard drive that I removed and manually copied. This section was the most important and contains hard work of mine of at least 4 months.

If I can't get any help in this forum or this section of the forum then kindly refer to some other place/community.

What kind of computer expert deal with this type of stuff (opening files that cannot be opened)? We know cyber security experts deal with cyber security. Software engineers deal with developing software, web developers develop websites etc. stuff like that.

I am willing to send this file to the person who can open this. Or I might upload it here later. I also made the same request to Microsoft support but their employees said they are not allowed to have their customers' files on their computers.

Please provide/give more information about this file first.
What file exactly is this and where is it located, what is the extension of this file, everything else you can find about this file.
You said "one section", what it means, maybe add screenshot.
Also tell us which version of OneNote it is, as there are several different versions in use, as well as whether this file was/is synced with your Microsoft Ondrive.
One of the easiest things that can be is that because you copied this file from another computer, it is locked.
As long as not info, not possible say nothing because there may be sveral ways how to open it and if it is real file, it may be damaged and not even recoverable.

Please provide/give more information about this file first.
What file exactly is this and where is it located, what is the extension of this file, everything else you can find about this file.
You said "one section", what it means, maybe add screenshot.
Also tell us which version of OneNote it is, as there are several different versions in use, as well as whether this file was/is synced with your Microsoft Ondrive.
One of the easiest things that can be is that because you copied this file from another computer, it is locked.
As long as not info, not possible say nothing because there may be sveral ways how to open it and if it is real file, it may be damaged and not even recoverable.

This file is a section of a notebook of OneNote.

Its extension is ".one".

OneNote notebook has sections. You can make as many sections as you like.

Version of OneNote was and is "OneNote 2016".

Unfortunately, it wasn't synced with Microsoft OneDrive.

This file isn't locked. I didn't lock it. It doesn't contain any personal information. It only contain notes of web development courses. There was a notebook in that Windows which had seven sections. All sections open except his one.

Back
Top Bottom