One- Winged F-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the fact that it was still able to glide in the air isn't suprising considering you're going at what, a few hundred km/h? The greater suprise is that he was able to navigate the thing and somehow land it

crazy either way

The reason he was able to actually fly that particular palne with the wing missing is mostly in part due to the design of the planes elevators, the horizontally mounted rear control surfaces.

On the F-15, the plane featured in the video, the design of the plane incorportates relatively large elevators. It was due to the large surface area of the elevator on the missing wing side that allowed the plane to maintain partial control of the plane and land it succesfully.

Also helps that isralei pilots are regarded as some of the best in the world.

(If you were faced with total anhialation on a daily basis, you too would get **** good at flyin that plane.

Anyways, just my little explantion on the way it works.

Anyways, just my little explantion on the way it works.
That.........and as they said......when you're going that freakin fast you're like a missile and wings are optional :D

that was a pretty awesome landing. i understand how the f-15 landed. but if that were to happen to a boeing 747-400 that would be an entirely different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom