One reason to not like you americans

Fisher

Fully Optimized
These machine specks was copied from what english15x has in this thread http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?p=382742#post382742

Hope you dont mind me using them, saves me the time of thinking them up and looking for prices on new egg, thank you.

Right this is what it cost you in america for these specs

Lian Li 65B case - $125
Asus a8n5x - $75
Corsair XMS dual channel 2GB - $188
Sapphire Radeon x1900xtx - $499
Creative X-fi Sound Card - $120
2 NEC 3500 DVD Drives - $81
Floppy - $5
Zalman 7000 - $40
AMD x2 4200 - $357

Using a google as a foreign exhange, this would cost us in Britiain this much if brought from you in the US:

Lian Li 65B case - £66
Asus a8n5x - £39
Corsair XMS dual channel 2GB - £99
Sapphire Radeon x1900xtx - £263
Creative X-fi Sound Card - £63
2 NEC 3500 DVD Drives - £42
Floppy - £5
Zalman 7000 - £21
AMD x2 4200 - £188

This is what it actually costs us in Britiain:

Lian Li 65B case - £88 (£66)
Asus a8n5x - £52 (£39)
Corsair XMS dual channel 2GB - £140 (£99)
Sapphire Radeon x1900xtx - £352 (£263)
Creative X-fi Sound Card - £88 (£63)
2 NEC 3500 DVD Drives - £48 (£42)
Floppy - £10 (£5)
Zalman 7000 - £20 (£21)
AMD x2 4200 - £240 (£188)

If i was to buy this system in america and then buy it again in Britain it would cost me an extra £252. that could be an extra graphics card!!!!!!!!!! altho it seems the zalman is cheaper maybe I got the wrong one

anyway moving on marol of the story is if you ever complain about prices in america please spare a thought for us over here as we pay quite abit more than you.

this done not including any research on the nature of your ecomony compared to ours and what tax you have to pay etc

:D I dont complain about prices, just my paycheck! LOL Paycheck will change if the price is high or not. ;)

I don't know where you got those prices from...
but a look on dabs says that a floppy drive is only £5.28 not £10
have a look on ebuyer and it's only £3.40.

AMD x2 4200 - £240 (£188)
is only £195 on ebuyer...

I agree that there is a markup on some things...
but newegg is renound for being really cheap, so you don't really expect prices to compare exactly pound for pound (or dollar)...
besides, if anything it's a good reason to hate the chancellor who sets that taxes that hike the price up... not someone getting a better deal than you!.

the floppy i just guessed (couldnt be arsed to go find it) at but the rest are form overclockers and novatech if i remember correctly

u gotta shop around....u cant just compare everything to newegg since thats probably the best place in america to get computer parts, can u say the same for the place u picked in britian? (btw im from there :p)

thats true, newegg is cheap. overclockers.co.uk is fairly cheap as well, probably not the cheapest. i had a friend you was born and raised in england who moved to america who has now been working over there for the past five years he also says that the price difference is very noticeable. what i would like to know is how much the average pay is for say a priticular job and then compare it to one in england as if we are getting paid more for same job then the income:eek:utcome ratio might be the same and all balance out and bring it all down to the pound being stronger than the dollar

I think you need to move to America so you can see what it is REALLY like, and then you can stop running your mouth.

root said:
besides, if anything it's a good reason to hate the chancellor who sets that taxes that hike the price up... not someone getting a better deal than you!.

Our Government are f'ing idiots. I think we've established that by now.

Yep, chances are in some cases importing from the US actually works out cheaper than buying here, especially in the case of software. Amazingly, there aren't any restrictions on buying licenced commercial software abroad and importing it to save money - even MS don't mind if you're in the UK and you buy an American copy of Windows to save yourself £100+.

Back
Top Bottom