One or two monitors

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
Hey there!

As I put together the spec for my next build, I find myself naturally selecting two 24" monitors as that is what I utilize in my office. Though as I look around other builds for similar purposes (work + gaming), I notice a lot of people selecting one larger monitor (eg: 27") as opposed to having two. This could be because of cost, but I think there is more to it.

Therefore, the question becomes this -- what do you prefer, and why? Keep in mind that my work is IT related (I own my own company, and am employed as a CTO), if that changes things. :)

Thanks!

For productivity, I have to do two side by side. I've got side-by-sides at work (23"), as well as at home. I can't do one. It's too much real estate on one screen. It gets too high for me. It's more comfortable to glance to the right on my "slave" monitor, than it would be to look higher up on a screen. That said, if all I did was game, I'd go with one big monitor.

We have employees at our company that have 27" singles, and it's too much real estate for my brain to process. Too much to look at.

My $0.02.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm finalizing my build and planning to purchase everything in the next 4-6 weeks, and this is one of the final components I'd like to figure out. I might just stop by a Best Buy and get an idea of what working on a 27" would be like. I don't think it'd be a huge deal, but I wonder if I'd miss the second monitor. Hmm!

Down stairs where I have my desktop setup I have an LG 24" and could another 24". At my desk in my room I am using a 18.5" on my laptop which is perfectly fine. I'd have two monitors any day over one.

My dad used a 30" monitor at work and I've used it plenty of times. When I was doing my undergrad, I used dual monitors.

I think two is better than one any day. More comfortable to look at; dude_56013 is pretty much right on the money, too much real estate for a single monitor. For gaming, I would just use one of the two smaller monitors. Gaming on huge monitors is uncomfortable, too much mouse travel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom