Omg My Cpu Stuffed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dedb33t

In Runtime
OMG guys. Im so upset right now, I have had so many problems with the computer that I've built, And I have went extremely over my budget on it :(.

Ok here is what happened: I opened my case to fix the power LED thing, Done. Then I decided to check if the CPU is burnt or something, Cuz there is no Thermal paste.

So I took off the heatsink, No its fine... I try to put the heat sink back in... The stupid thing that Intel use.. The plastic stuff....They broke or bent or something, So none of them want to go in.. I manage to get one of them in... And now ITS STUCK! no matter how hard I pull.. It wont come out...I check in the BIOS how hot the CPU gets,, Around 90-120 Degrees.... I dnt think I'll be turning it on anymore..

Any idea what I should do? omg all of this just cuz of a power LED.. I have so much bad stuff happening in my life at the moment.. Its not funny :(

Does it heat up that much cuz the heatsink is less than 1CM away? Its seriously less then 1CM away from the stupid CPU, Was there a cable I might have taken out? I think there was only a CPU FAN cable, which is in.

I got a massive fan and put it beside the comp.. Still the same wtf...
I might save up for a Tt CPU cooler or something.. Im seriously so upset and angry right now.. I dunno what to do...The fu**in thing wont even come out.. (The heatsink)... I think im gonna have to take my comp apart!!!!!!

argh I dunno what to do guys... Seriously im going under SO MUCH STRESS this month.. SO MUCH.....

Sometimes I even think of running away from home lol :eek: :eek:

Any idea's??

My parents are so pissed at me now, They dont know anything about technology but they paid for this thing.. omg all this cuz of an LED.. I feel like dying :(

It never came with any...I thought CPU's come with them?! Anyway maybe I can use my friends spare one.. He has a normal Pentium 4 one.. Would that work? Maybe I can get water cooling or something, But yeah the thing is stuck so thats a problem..

F**K. my life is always going downhill...Especially this year

Happy new year everyone

Sorry to hear bout that, but is'nt your Mobo still in warranty...if so i would be like, i would like a replacement please !!

were the white pins at teh end open, or opening when you tried to put it back in? quarter turn counter-clockwise shoul close it back up. just make sure you undo the turring on teh pins after they are closed so you can re-attach the heat sink.

and yes, if the heatsink is off the cpu, the cpu can be damage. there was thing in teh arctic silver site that mentioned a cpu can fry in ten seconds if its not protected by a heatsink.

You need to get thermal paste. If that PC still works, leave it as is and put thermal paste before putting back heatsink. If you don't want the PC destroyed, then that $2 thing is the way you need to go.

Thats a shame to hear about all the problems :(

I'd personally wait until you calm down, and come back to it in a few days. Its what I'd do.

you really need thermal paste so you don't end up spending even more money to replace the processor. Do what Kage said and let it sit for a few days untill you calm down which is also what I do.

Dude! I had the same exact problem with the heatsink. The first thing I tried was holding down the other parts of the heatsink with string. It worked, but the temps were still at 60, so I didn't keep using it like that. I eventually got it out, the bad way. I pulled and jiggled for about a minute and it came out. The next thing to make sure is look under the heatsink and see if any of the plastic thing are bent out. If they are, hold them in with a wrench or your teeth until they are straight again. Now, before you do anything, get thermal paste. Your CPU will overheat in die in a matter of days without that paste. CompUSA carries arctic silver 5, so if theres on near you get that. But if there isn't, BestBuy carries some dynex thermal paste. Not the best, but you'll have to make do (unless you order online, which means you wait 5 days). ANow putting it back in is tricky. Don't push in one side more than the other too much. And make sure all the pins are going in without getting bent (hardest part). Take it slow, and eventually all 4 pins should be in a tight.

Your cpu, will not die in a matter of days withoutr thermal paste, it will die in a matter of seconds. Having any open space between the heatsink and the cpu heatspreader is just the same as having no heatsink at all. Thermal paste makes a conection as if the heatsink and heatspreader is one piece of metal. SO GET THERMAL PASTE

Back
Top Bottom