Old monitor with new computer?

Tman1800

Solid State Member
I'm buying a new computer, but I don't know if it will work with my old monitor. The monitor is an HP Pavilion vf15 if that helps. Will the monitor work with a new computer?

Should be fine. Monitors are universal for computers. If the plug doesn't fit, you can easily buy an adapter to make it work (<$10)

I concur. You might want to look at this Wikipedia article on video cards that have pictures showing the different connectors, DVI is most common today - the latest technology - while older monitors and video cards have the VGA connector - and as og stated you can get adapters for them. Some monitors and cards have both - in which case the DVI is better (a little but you would probably not notice the difference between the two). My monitor has one of each and I use them both to connect to two computers, using the on screen controls to switch between monitors.

If you are buying a computer and hope to - now or in the future - upgrade the video card, take a look at the size of the power supply, Many computer buyers plan to add or upgrade a video card only to find their power supply does not provide enough power.

Back
Top Bottom