Old laptop with LCD problem

david90

In Runtime
I have an old Compaq laptop and there's a problem with the LCD back light. Depending on the position of the LCD screen, the back light could be normal, flicker or shuts off completely. When the LCD screen is in the position where the back light shuts off completely, I can fix the problem by restarting the laptop or putting the laptop to sleep and wake it. I don't have to reposition the screen when restarting or putting the laptop to sleep in order to light up the back light. When the screen is black out, all I have to do to fix it is by restarting the computer. Because of this fact, it seems like the problem is software related. Because back light reacts with the position of the LCD screen, it seems like the problem is also hardware related.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I have had a similar problem, although with a Toshiba. I think it had something to do with the fact of how many times it had been dropped on the corner by my brother though. Maybe your problem is just age related. How old is your lappy?

sounds like the integrated power is tripping or going out.. or the screen cable is loose ( can come with age )

Back
Top Bottom