okay, THE BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Vaanish, thanks, I wasn't sure whether mb's come with cables already. Cool, I'll take OEM definately, save a couple of quid and put them in your recommended mb.

Andyf thanks :). I don't really want to buy from overclockers - they're always overpriced apart from rare deals and I don't have spare money.

Guys, really important - will the non OCed E2180 bottleneck my GPU?

And, is the Corsair VX450W sufficient to run all that? Plus, is it modular?

It shouldn't 'bottleneck it (i.e. choke it, such that more GPU does nothing), but you might not get the performance of, say the E8400. I don't think it will be a problem. Some games are more CPU intensive than others, but theyre is not a huge difference in quality between your GPU and CPU. Especially if you overclock a bit.

The VX isn't, as far as I know, modular. The 520HX is, but a fair price more. Its certainly worth the investment if you have the cash. Otherwise the VX will do you fine.

Whats all this about SATA being fragile???

You might check overclockers as well, anyway. I found, buying all the things for my build, they were cheaper overall than scan or ebuyer. I've also had a successful RMA with them, if that helps.

it shouldnt matter much but dont try to do SLI on that board. your fine with the board you have selected :) crossfire is better with the new HD's than sli anything lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom