Okay, a huge dilemma

Can you boot up to bios ? if so make all settings to default, and also make sure that bios is detecting the hd, and that it's 1st in the boot sequence.

example:

1st boot = master hd
2nd boot = cd drive
3rd boot = none

Can you boot up to bios ? if so make all settings to default, and also make sure that bios is detecting the hd, and that it's 1st in the boot sequence.

example:

1st boot = master hd
2nd boot = cd drive
3rd boot = none

well at this moment I'm just trying to get it to boot to the cd drive. Hdd's aren't even in the computer right now since they were causing the problem in the 1st place. I'll look into that later, but 1st I need to be able to get this thing booting from the cd drive, which is set as the 1st boot device. Also there isn't any OS on the hdd's so it's no use trying to boot from them. :p

that happened on my DELL when i tried new ram. but never the power supply. BTW it still could be a problem with the ram.

that happened on my DELL when i tried new ram. but never the power supply. BTW it still could be a problem with the ram.

no, I don't think it can be a problem with the ram. Tried several different ram sticks, which all should work. Also it would give me a beep code before bios if it would be because of the ram.

Tried changing the ide cable to one that works, still the same problem with "Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM : Failure"

Back
Top Bottom