Ok this is GAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Well my pump has been acting up for a while, making really loud noises and such so I decided to RMA it since it was still under warranty. I've never had trouble with leaking or anything like that and my loop was pretty secure except for one niple on the reservoir (rusting away for some reason), so what I did was I took the the nipple off my pump that I was going to RMA and put it on the reservoir and everything worked perfectly.

So about a week later the entire thing pretty much blows up. Coolant leaked everywhere and my computer just completely shut down. So I decided screw this I took out all my liquid cooling and put stock speeds and stock cooling back and cleaned everything. Thankfully everything still worked ( I don't know how but I was super happy). The only thing I noticed was that there was a few pins on the video card that were a bit brown. So i took rubbing alcohol and some Q-tips and then used an eraser and got it all off. So last night my brother was on my computer and he started smelling something. The pins pretty much started to melt, there were 3 pins that were completely gone and there was a whole bunch of melted plastic all over them. I almost cried, it aslo burned a whole in my PCI-E slot.

So needless to say, much computer is done. What i did was cleaned all the crap in the PCI-E slot and then on the video card. Then I took a toothpick and some rear window defoger repair kit (conductive ink) and re-drew all the pins and now it's working quite well. I can still play games and the computer doesn't smell like melting circuit board and plastic anymore. How long do you figure my computer will be able to keep going before it blows up becasue of this??

Well, I hope you are planning to upgrade the motherboard and graphics card soon, since that isn't going to hold up for much longer.

That really sucks. I feel for you. BUT...

I'd say take it up with the water cooling people, see if they can give you some cash for reimbursement, but don't plan on it.

If it was water cooling itself that blew and you did ABSOLUTELY nothing in a way were it would even contribute to it blowing up. Take it up with the water cooling company, because if it was the something faulty they should be liable for everything that was damaged.

But if they find one possible reason were you could be at fault they will say no immediately but it's worth a try.

The thing is I did nothing to have the water cooling leak. I've had this loop for almost a year and I've taken it out and cleaned several times and never had a problem with it leaking.

I'd like to take it up with Thermaltake but I really don't feel like going to court of whatever. I guess I can call them, it's worth a shot but I really don't think that they'ed cover any damage caused to my computer because of theire w/c kit. I'm just thinking that maybe I could send the card back to Leadtek and lie to them saying that the card just shorted out or something and pretty much melted. Hmmmm... The motherboard I'm not to worried about because I can pick up a nice new DFI-Lanparty for like $90 plus tax.

Ok so I sent an angry letter to Thermaltake saying what happened and they gave me a number to call....I wonder if they're just going to shut me down and say the warranty doesn't cover that. If that doesn't work, do you think I could send Leadtek the 7900gs back and say that it just fried like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom