Ok, so I've got the car, now what audio upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember that similar to power supplies, not all amps are the same. My fosgate 100.1 amp is capable of pushing more watts than some of these 600+ offbrand amps. As far as pioneer goes, i have killed entirely too many of their head units in my past. I would stick with kenwood or alpine if you can afford it.

Also, a 2000 ford mustang is alreayd pretty much worth nothing in resale value, so in 3-4 years it'll be worth even less >< Just the way cars, and moreso american cars go. Drive it til the wheels fall off and start over. Thats why i did with my last jetta :p

Oh and another thing to remember, seeing as a mustang could be classified as a hatchback, you wont need nearly as much bass to get a good sound due to it not being isolated in the trunk.

Ok, so can you link me to places I should be looking for the parts? Or link me to a specific setup like I asked? I can't emphasize my audio noobiness enough and I don't want to buy bad quality stuff.

Just if I could, I'd like to get the dash deck, sub w/ enclosure, AND amp for $350 or less :p

Ok, so can you link me to places I should be looking for the parts? Or link me to a specific setup like I asked? I can't emphasize my audio noobiness enough and I don't want to buy bad quality stuff.

Just if I could, I'd like to get the dash deck, sub w/ enclosure, AND amp for $350 or less :p

$350 is not enough first of all.

dash deck, sub w/ enclosure, AND amp

for that only you might be able for 350 but not really good parts. not to mention install/wiring/misc stuff
head unit-150ish
sub 100ish
enclosure anywhere from 25-50
amp 100-200

That memphis amp is stable to 1ohm. and makes 1k watts RMS at 1ohm.

I got my amp off ebay. My head unit from crutchfield. My speakers from my uncle, and my enclosure from my cousin. ;)

Gotta be resourceful.

I have about $425 into everything.

Well the setup I linked from Newegg was $380 with shipping, and Veedub seemed to think that was still too much or something. I think for just 1-10" sub, 1-mono channel amp, 1-enclosure, and 1-dash deck is easily under $400. The deck I need is like just $70-100 tops, the sub, I just need something that will pound out good and not cost a fortune, enclosure included would be nice, and the AMP, I just need something powerful enough for 1-sub that is 800-1000W max power.

1 ten can run off a good 500 watt fine. You can find something for $80 on Ebay.

I spent $220 on my deck. so if you just need a head unit with 2 channel pre-amp then $80-$90 should be a good price range.

when buying amps "peak power" means squat....sure you can get a cheapo sony xplod 1000watt amp...but it only puts out about 300 watts rms and will most likely burn itself out.

rms watts are what matter. And theres 10" subs than can take 1000watts rms and sound better than dual 12" 400watt rms subs. Its all about quality...just like pc components.

Who looks at peak power? when I say a 500watt amp I mean an amp that puts out 500W RMS. I usually don't suggest a mono channel amp unless it is stable to 1 ohm.

Memphis D class is where it is at for the best value/performance.

I highly doubt the sub he is looking at is going to pound out 1000 watts. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom