Ok,SLI Questions......

put it this way, sli is a SCAM. they basically just take your money. not all games can support it, it blows, its expensive, terrible FPS increase over a single card for the same price

Don't mind Rudster816.

SLI is not a scam. It's works, and it works very well with applications that support it. As with anything, a single high end card does perform better than two lower end cards in SLI.

Everything you wanted to know about SLI: SLI Zone

jst check the games that it supports... it supports a hella lotta games... including GoW, CSS, Crysis, Halo 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted (i love that game) Rainbow six vegas, Quake 4, and they have a request box.. so that if ur games not on there list, they'll come out with a driver for ur game...

not to mention it supports a bunch of apps too...

Ok,Thanks for the link Atomic rooster :).Rudster oes have a point though that only some games support it.If a game does not support SLI,Will that game run,will i get better or worse FPS?

SLI isn't a waste if your going high end. Don't buy 2 mid range cards for SLI as mentioned just get 1 higher end. SLI becomes a big factor when you SLI High end cards. Crysis was a big example. A single GTX isn't quite enough but most people can get a decent framerate with GTX's in SLI at higher resolutions with graphics options turned up.

Also SLI shows alot more gains at higher resolutions. If your running like 1280X1024 you'll see less of a benifit than say 1920X1200 resolutions.

put it this way, sli is a SCAM. they basically just take your money. not all games can support it, it blows, its expensive, terrible FPS increase over a single card for the same price
well sli is more improved now because on mobos that are 1-1 1/2 years old the cards used to run at 8x each but now can use 16x each
i rather get a 8800 GTX rather than 2 8600

Back
Top Bottom