ok sadly this won't work

ace777

Fully Optimized
well i have a webcam and of course the software is not compatable with vista, i need to be able to take a pics with a usb webcam, thanks

-ace777

muz

Golden Master
check the manufacturers website they may heve released drivers and software for vista

ace777

Fully Optimized
nope thats what i had thought but is major old school.

2500th post woot!

lhamil64

In Runtime
If this is an old webcam, someone may have made drivers for Vista. Try typing this into google:

<webcam model> drivers Windows Vista

Remove the <webcam model> and put your webcam model (dont include the < and >)

ace777

Fully Optimized
no i have the drivers its just that they never rereleased the software to ttake the pictures with it for vista i just need a freeware that can take pictures with a usb webcam ior are there any softwares that came with windows at all?

muz

Golden Master
ok well have you tried windows movie maker , that usually lets you take film using attached webcams not sure if it lets you take stills

Golden Master
no i have the drivers its just that they never rereleased the software to ttake the pictures with it for vista i just need a freeware that can take pictures with a usb webcam ior are there any softwares that came with windows at all?
Just take a screenshot then.

ace777

Fully Optimized
no i don't want whats on the desktop i want whats on the cam, it won't display if you do that. mu i tried wmm i can't find anything for it in there.