Ok, might sound confusing but...

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
ok, i got a copy of Vista, i have a lot of stuff i wanna bring to it with me, so can i put vista on one partition, copy all my files from one partition to the other, then delete my xp partition? will that work? im sorry but i dont feel like wasting all those dvd's to copy all my music etc onto Vista, anyone have any suggestions? (fyi: ihave a lot of files so a flash drive wont work)

Yeah, it should work. Use PartitionMagic if you don't already have some software that can do it, it's good at creating new partitions without deleting old ones.

freestyler105 said:
Yeah, it should work. Use PartitionMagic if you don't already have some software that can do it, it's good at creating new partitions without deleting old ones.
but i was worried, can i move files from partition to partition?

hm, well thanks so much dude, im gonna go give it a shot, is partition magic a windows program? and once i delete the original xp partition will it combine the empty space?

boardordi3 said:
hm, well thanks so much dude, im gonna go give it a shot, is partition magic a windows program? and once i delete the original xp partition will it combine the empty space?
Yes and yes.

Back
Top Bottom