Ok - Is there anybody here these days - new build question.

After reading all the recommendations and opinions so far and having also done a little familiarization with your new system, I can say that your system is fully compatible with Windows 11. This means that the processor is on Microsoft's list on which Windows 11 can be installed,
Code:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors
and the motherboard fully meets the requirements of Windows 11, and there is no need to add any additional chips for TPM 2.0 to this motherboard, these requirements are already provided by the motherboard, and with the correct BIOS version, they only come from the BIOS 'is allowed.
Code:
https://www.msi.com/Landing/msi-motherboards-windows11-compatible
https://www.msi.com/blog/How-to-Enable-TPM-on-MSI-Motherboards-Featuring-TPM-2-0
find there MSI Motherboards with TPM 2.0 Support
Therefore, if you still have problems, then they can only be problems with the correct choice of BIOS settings.

P.S. A few minutes later. I just forgot.
My suggestion - don't install Windows 11 just yet, because it's so terribly unstable, many features still don't work, etc. Of course, if you only have this computer for testing, then test what ever you want, but it cannot be recommended for installing into a work computer or a home computer, which is used for boring tasks or everyday works.

Last edited:
Windows 11 has been perfectly stable for me since May of this year. It's quite literally just a reskin of W10 with a new scheduler and will be proceeded rather soon with an OS that's actually different.

My experience with Windows 11 can only be described as weird. It was noticeably slower than 10 from day one, but I decided to give it a chance. Perhaps a week after installing it, I started experiencing a couple of weirdly specific issues. Opening a common template or a proposal would result in screen flickering. The notorious search bar (I read it malfunctioned for many people) would only freeze when I try to go to IMDb, the second I type imd - frozen. I still can't wrap my mind around it, but I had no time to dig deeper into this. At the end of the day, these are not even in the top ten weirdest issues I encountered.

Ok, I figured it out. Had to flash the bios to the newest version. And load the win11 drivers from the MSI website. Did the exact same procedures to install drivers, bios, and win11 on the 2 new work PC's, but one pc is requiring me to log into my google account... why?

but one pc is requiring me to log into my google account... why?
Usually there's really no reason for this, but are you sure you're not using a Google-related account, widget, add-on, or whatever that was originally obtained and/or registered with a Google Account?

Well not that I know of as the PC is not even named yet, its asking me to "sign in" with email and password during the process of loading win11 on one of the a new build PC's for my office - the other PC did not require me to do this. Is it possible that the MSI downloads I used to update the BIOS had a goggle widget or something like that on it? But I only downloaded it once and used the same flashdrive on both PC's - the only difference was that I used two different win11 discs - both purchased from Amazon - each are OEM for 1 PC and each has unique key codes.

Also for anybody questioning why I am not just loading win10 on these PC's- its because these are for my professional healthcare office - so, at 61 years old, I do not want to ever have to build new work PC's and load a new OS's again, typically the new PC I build for office purposes last about 7 years. I doubt I will be practicing after that. So, figured why not have the latest OS , less hassle in the future with insurance companies, government,etc.

Hopefully , last question: The old office Pc's originally were windows 7 updated to 10, New PC's have windows 11. Old PC's have miscrosoft office 2010 - which I doubt will transfer over to new win11 PC's - so what office software should I put on the new PC's that will open the old WOrd documents , allow me to edit them, etc. .

Thanks again fro the help guys.

Last edited:
Windows 10 end of life is October 14, 2025, which is about 3 years away. I'm still not using Windows 11 on my primary work machines. I'll recommend you go with Windows 10 at the point

Back
Top Bottom