Ok - Is there anybody here these days - new build question.

It's not like Windows 11 just came out yesterday. Mobo manufacture's should add these chips in the box, after all they do provide a port connector on the board and by now it only makes sense to throw a chip in the goody bag of parts....yes I'm sure they will have to charge $20. extra for a $2. to manufacture chip
They don't add them because they're not necessary. What they need to do is if they are going to put "Windows 11 Ready" on the box they need to have software tpm enabled by default in the bios. I can vouch first hand my Z690 board says Windows 11 Ready on the box but by default software TPM is not enabled.

IMHO.... I think a hardware TPM chip might be more secure than a software bios version of a chip. Board OEM's ought to add them in the parts bag (IMHO)

Those kind of security measures are completely unnecessary for the average consumer. They were built and targeted specifically for enterprise, and Microsoft is only making it a requirement because it's easier to pressure OEMs to establish this standard in all business laptop/PC models.

They don't add them because they're not necessary. What they need to do is if they are going to put "Windows 11 Ready" on the box they need to have software tpm enabled by default in the bios. I can vouch first hand my Z690 board says Windows 11 Ready on the box but by default software TPM is not enabled.
Hi PP, Your basically telling the OP that if TCM is not enabled by default, it will cause a message that reads "Your pc is not compatible with Windows 11 or Your PC is not ready for Windows 11 or something like that. Am I correct? If not, please explain?

Hi PP, Your basically telling the OP that if TCM is not enabled by default, it will cause a message that reads "Your pc is not compatible with Windows 11 or Your PC is not ready for Windows 11 or something like that. Am I correct? If not, please explain?
Yes. Hardware or software (bios) TPM is a soft requirement to run Windows 11.

If its like my B450 Board its a setting in bios. Just turn it on and youre ready for w 11. I turned it on but have no use for w 11. W 10 is bad enough.

Back
Top Bottom