Ok - Is there anybody here these days - new build question.

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
built a new PC with an I5 11400 - trying to install win11 via disc - windows message says the PC is not ready for win11- what the hell!!!

Motherboard is MSI B560M-A pro. I do not know what a TPM Chip even is or how to add it - but I looked it up and no I did not add it. I am obviously out of touch these days as I build my PC's to last - the PC's I am replacing are over 7 years old and were originally Win7 - undated to win10. So , I have not had to load a new OS onto a new system in 7 years. I looked up the MOBO on MSI website and yes it has a TPM ( version 2) - but I do not think I "activated it" if it does not default to that setting . Might be the issue- I will check that out today. Thanks

edit: Bios version is dates 4/19/2021, version = E 7D20IMS.210

Last edited:
After looking up on the MSI web site, I see no mention of a TPM chip provided with this board. I looked in the bios manual and there is a bios setting to enable the "software" TPM option and for a hardware TPM too, but still I do not see any mention of a TPM chip provided for the TPM module connector on the board.
Bios manual here, look on page 27 for reference
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/Intel500BIOS.pdf
The bios manual on that page 27 tells you how to enable the ppt option for a software TPM
I'll look else where for anything for that relates to a TPM chip supplied for this board but I would think if they provided one you would have got it with all the other mobo parts in the box.

Last edited:
IF you want to deal with that crap, just enable the software tpm and you're done. Otherwise, I suggest using Rufus to make a bootable install media and disable the dumb requirements.

If you bought a new board and it cannot run Windows 11 (to be honest why would you want to run Win 11 anyway) then it isn't a current board. send it back and ask for a refund.

If you bought a new board and it cannot run Windows 11 (to be honest why would you want to run Win 11 anyway) then it isn't a current board. send it back and ask for a refund.
Any board can run W11 recent or not. Most boards don't come with software TPM enabled by default.

It's not like Windows 11 just came out yesterday. Mobo manufacture's should add these chips in the box, after all they do provide a port connector on the board and by now it only makes sense to throw a chip in the goody bag of parts....yes I'm sure they will have to charge $20. extra for a $2. to manufacture chip

Back
Top Bottom