Ok, I have a question

FenderG101

Baseband Member
Ok, I had another thread similar to this but this is different. I bought a new memory stick and added it to my computer, but after adding it to my new computer....A picture would not come up on the monitor. Why? are the memory sticks not compatible...I need a new memory stick BAD though...So i need help

Did you do your research and see if you purchased the right type?

Also, try putting it in another slot

Did you accidentally touch the graphics card?

If you load it up with the speakers on, do you hear the Windows sound?

Does it work without the memory stick?

Reseat the momory sticks by taking them out and back in. Do the same with the graphics card, if you have one.

Next, try it on.

Ok, I am using Windows 98, and yes the monitor does work without the Chip in, Here is my Computer Specs Everything except my Hard drive is 80 gig 7200 RPMS because I ordered it with the new memory, and here is the memory that Causes it not to work problamatic memory

OK I found the problem. You see, your motherboard takes PC100 RAM (hence the 100MHz system bus), but the RAM you got is PC133. Therefore, the RAM either isn't compatible or it will only run at 100MHz or 128MB. If you want to upgrade your RAM in your computer, you will need PC100 (100MHz) for it to work. That kind of RAM isn't common anymore! :(

Back
Top Bottom