ok I am on right now and was wondering if anyone can help me mount my mobo

Actually, I don't think many mobo manuals come with instructions. Mine didn't, and neither did my friend's. Okay, there are several ways to do it.

First of all, you have to replace the I/O Port on the back of your case with the one that your motherboard supplied you with.

Then, you put the spacers in, which are gold in color; they should be found in the case, I believe. There are severals circular holes in your motherboard; there are similar holes in your case, but there are a lot more in your case. Imagine if you were going to align the motherboard with the holes in the case, and place a spacer in each of those holes. Make sure when you align the motherboard with the case, the holes in the motherboard have a small metal plate encircling the hole. After you place the spacers in, you should place the motherboard right on the spacers, aligning the holes in the motherboard according to the spacers. Then, place a screw in each of the holes, and fasten. That's all.

Make sure, though, that the I/O ports hook up correctly with the I/O shield.

When I did it, it was really a pain. I finally figured out what to do from like 10 online guides, and I had it all done, except I forgot the I/O shield. So, I had to take the motherboard out and place it in again, which was not fun. So make sure you don't make the same mistake as me. ;)

ok I am still looking for help lol... ok I did all that already and I been looking for days how to hook up the power sw and reset sw and hdd led and speaker cord and 2 un named cords

btw I don't even know what motherboard I have and there are no manuals... it is an old pentium 3 650mhz... I just bought a new case for it to start and i am upgrading slowly... the board is an intel as far as I know but I have no idea which one it is... I do know however that there are 19 pins that the cords connect to just which one goes where is hard... the pins go 10 length wise and 2 wide with 1 pin missing 4 from 1 side and 5 from the other(so 5th or 6th pin)

they go like this
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. . <--}
. . <--}(power sw works here(2 ports on right))
. .
. .

So is the motherboard in the case? The power switch stuff varies from motherboard to motherboard. I'm afraid not much can be done, but I may be wrong.

yay finally a reply... yeah is there a way to identify what motherboard you have without turning it on?

No. The only way that I know of would be to turn on your PC, install a program like Everest, and let it identify it for you.

I really don't see any solution here, except to buy a new motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom