oil cooled computer!

Mr. Feesh

Baseband Member
That's right I am going to cool a computer by submerging it in oil, it will be vegetable oil of course. Mooseman and me will attempt to over clock the computer and record temperatures. Now when we actually do this we will take pic's and record our results and post them here :D

submerge the entire computer case in oil? I hope it's not a very good computer because it won't run for very long submerged in oil.

BTW, please change your signature....it's offensive, there are children who read this forum, cussing is not allowed.

Yeah, post the results... don't know how you're going to be doing it but sure, hey, if it works and you get some good results, nice. And yeah, your sig is totally unacceptable. Change it or someone else will for you.

wont work its impossible. beings its oil you will get no performance diffenct. and plus u think ur hard drive will never read becalse theres a layer block everything and reflecting it around. and your processor wont like oil. and ever peice of points it touches it will just short out.

Feircepc said:
wont work its impossible. beings its oil you will get no performance diffenct. and plus u think ur hard drive will never read becalse theres a layer block everything and reflecting it around. and your processor wont like oil. and ever peice of points it touches it will just short out.

vegetable oil wont short it. Temps wont be very good. Will the oil be circulating, or will it just stay there. If its just sitting there, temps will skyrocket. Might as well just get a cascade if you want to oc the hell out of it.

vegetable oil can. that oil isnt enough to lubricate and has more water molecules in it that the oil itself. so it will corrode some of the metal for example if theres steel or aluminum. and it can corode within hours to days so good luck.

I doubt u will get too good results. Ofcourse the whole project is going to be really cool, but if u really want to oc the crap out of it get like dry ice or ln2 cooling.

Back
Top Bottom