Oh wow, I forgot last Tuesday was...

You might not have to worry. My cousin died at 35 to cirrhosis of the liver. He didn't need to worry about getting old at all.

His liver got old though in a sense. That's basically what worries me. I'm more of a "work out and don't consume sugar" kind of person. I do eat sugar sometimes though [emoji14]

35 is pretty young to die from chirrosis though... Did he get it from drinking?

I gave up smoking and drinking a long time ago. I have had a father and both my brothers who are alcoholics....and I am not going to follow in their footsteps.

Although I am addicted to soda though...go figure :rolleyes:

Is the national income out of alcohol big? I have a feeling there are things the governments around the world don't miss with because of that, before it is out of consideration for the people.

Am I being pessimistic? Governmental corruption has become a ghost that haunts me now.

It could be possible alcohol is illegal here because the govt. doesn't want conflicts with the locals but who knows (public opinion is so against alcohol here). Well at least we almost never have drunk driving problems here because of this restriction. Too bad recklessness and low gas prices along with other aspects cover up for that :(

Is the national income out of alcohol big? I have a feeling there are things the governments around the world don't miss with because of that, before it is out of consideration for the people.

Am I being pessimistic? Governmental corruption has become a ghost that haunts me now.

It could be possible alcohol is illegal here because the govt. doesn't want conflicts with the locals but who knows (public opinion is so against alcohol here). Well at least we almost never have drunk driving problems here because of this restriction. Too bad recklessness and low gas prices along with other aspects cover up for that :(
I'm not from the US but I can tell you, in my country the average alcohol intake of a person is big.

The main problem is the government and our leaders. They want us to be drunken idiots, so nobody here doesn't know or believe (as if it was a matter of opinion) how bad alcohol actually is. 80% (100% of the ones I know) of the people in their early 20s (and late "10s"!) get drunk at least once a week. And don't even get me started on weed.

I guess it depends on the perception of alcohol and other consumables like weed, by both govt. and citizens.

But we derailed the thread so much. Let's call it a day :)

I can tell you that in Washington State they used two have state run liquor stores because that was their big money maker. After they legalized marijuana they allowed liquor to be sold in stores not owned by the state and now all the marijuana is being sold in the state run stores because that has become their Cash Cow.

Consumption is also ridiculously high in the UK among 18-25 year olds here from what I can see. People assume that when they stop drinking, any problems they've caused will automatically fix themselves... well more fool them.

I just celebrated my 64th birthday earlier this week and having a drink never entered my mind. I don't drink at all. Both my parents and my older sister were alcoholics but that's not the reason I don't drink. I don't drink because I can't stand the taste of it. It boggles my mind when someone says this beer or wine or vodka or whatever tastes delicious because it all tastes terrible to me. Kinda like trying to drink gasoline or something like that.

Dunno if you guys know this brand:
16564_8ukmbi_colibri_480.jpg

It's common here for aftershave :D

The taste of it burns (gets into my mouth sometimes by mistake) and according to the description I hear, it must taste like alcohol. Maybe it's the methanol in it (or was it ethanol?).

Dunno if you guys know this brand:
16564_8ukmbi_colibri_480.jpg

It's common here for aftershave :D

The taste of it burns (gets into my mouth sometimes by mistake) and according to the description I hear, it must taste like alcohol. Maybe it's the methanol in it (or was it ethanol?).

I hope it's ethanol. Methanol is "toxic" ("unfit for consumption") [emoji14]

Back
Top Bottom