Oh MY GOD!!!!!! NOOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobson00

Beta member
The problem is that I installed a pcmcia wireless Adapter card on my laptop. It worked great a few week. Now it states that the wireless signal is very good BUT Internet Explorer still won't open any site.

There is a catch. someone in my building, i am pretty sure very near has a wireless cable or router that i was able to access. Now it states the signal is very high but i can't access the internet (activity is null, the sent received on properties is 0) and no ip

Is it my wireless card (received the card 3 weeks ago)? or the neighbor found out and block the access?

-Strong signal but no internet access

oh my god!

I had a similar problem but connecting to a pc not a lap top. After trying everything including putting the ip in manually I went to system restore ,going back a month and all was well.

You say you were using someone else's router to connect to the net? Well, I'm pretty sure they've encrypted their network connection by now. It's really not that hard. Took my 5 minutes to do for a friend. What happens is, the signal is encrypted, and a key is generated. Only friendly NICs that have the key can get access and unencrypt the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom