Oh Man...

Bosox0123

Baseband Member
So I have started buying computer parts to build my own, and I was looking at the video card (PNY 7600GT by the way) and it said that my monitor had to be compatable, but I have no way of finding out because the thing is a Dell Dimension XPS B800 (Ghetto, I know), and I dont know if it would work but I really dont wanna fork out the money for a new monitor. The monitor I have now is about 18 inches and it came with the comptuer and I see nothing wrong with it untill I get the computer up and running and I can save more for it later, but thats beside the point.

Point is can anyone tell me if the monitor works with the video card, and if not is there some sort of adapter I can buy or am I basicly just screwed either way?

ArrizX said:
It will be perfectly fine.

Dont worry so much ;)

Haha thanks man, its just that im working my first job and every penny I get is going into this thing, and so im just nervous that I will buy everything only to find out that something wasnt compatable or something. But I dunno what id do without you guys...so thanks very much!

Fair enough on being cautious - the monitor will have a VGA connection, which will just simply plug into the VGA connection on the video card, which both look like this..

vga.jpg

Ahh, hold on, doesnt the 7600 use 2 DVI connections?

If it does, dont worry, just get one of these (will proberly be included in the pack)

This is the card
4p1046cih90j.jpg

This is what you will need..
DVIVGAMF.large.jpg

yeah. my friend bought the 7600gt and i installed it for him. it does use DVI connectors, but they give you the convertor for an LCD

^ yeah, if the card is brought retail then it should come with 2 of those vga to dvi converters.

Back
Top Bottom