Oh dear

most games come on DVDs and CDs... but DVDs are gonna win it out for sure.
I just installed a bunch of games..
farcry - 5 discs
ut2004 - 6 discs
diablo2+exp - 4 discs

etc

You don't get games packaged like that outside of North America.

In Europe and Asia, 99.99% of games are DVD only, for instance we get UT2K4 on 1 disc instead of 6, we get BF2 on 1 DVD instead of 3 CD-Roms like my American friend has, etc.

It makes no sense, we've been doing it that way since about 2000, why has it taken Americans so long to catch up? DVD won over the whole world outside of North America ages and ages ago.

In Europe and Asia, 99.99% of games are DVD only, for instance we get UT2K4 on 1 disc instead of 6, we get BF2 on 1 DVD instead of 3 CD-Roms like my American friend has, etc.

It makes no sense, we've been doing it that way since about 2000, why has it taken Americans so long to catch up? DVD won over the whole world outside of North America ages and ages ago.

i got BF2 and UT2K4 on mulitple CD's when they were released, bought on HMV on the high street in the UK...
although i did buy a gme for my teenage nephew about the same time on DVD, it only took up 4OOmeg of the DVD.

yeah i remember when the sims 2 was released , it was 4 cd's , now they are dvd but you still see some cd ones knocking around mainly in pre owned shops like game and game station

Not everyone has a DVD drive, even if DVD is a standard format nowadays. In my house, only my desktop and my sister's Apple notebook have DVD drives. My dad's old Pentium III machine has a CD drive.

Hrm.. I didn't know that. Oh well. DVD FTW.

I..hate....vista....

Microsoft -.-

A little soon to be taking away XP seeming as vista is still shizz lol considering most people buy it because it looks nice. I do think vista has great new things in it but to many flaws at th moment, maybe it could be working fine in time for 2008, but we all know microsoft :p

It doesn't mean Microsoft is dropping support for Windows XP. I think Windows XP support goes all the way until 2012. It just means OEM's and manufacturers will be forced to use Windows Vista in their PC's.

Back
Top Bottom