Oh dear

Yeah, by then OEMs will only have Vista. Lets just hope that they straighten out the drivers and bugs.

Yeah, by then OEMs will only have Vista. Lets just hope that they straighten out the drivers and bugs.

Yeah, well...

2001 was a long time ago. I think a lot of people have forgotten just how bad XP was...
until SP1 came out, it was terrible.

I'm pretty confident that Vista will be better with it's first service pack. I may or may not upgrade though...

Honestly, im not supprised by the MS move. it didnt seem that long after XP came out that you couln't buy new ME or 2000 or whatever was the top at the time in a dell or anything like that.

personally, i don't see what people have against vista. i have yet to see problems with vista that i do not see in XP, or even 98 for that matter.

Yeah, Vista may be a bit buggy and the drivers still a bit lackluster, but when I used it, it was far smoother and stable compared to XP.

^^ditto. Honestly, i've had more problems with drivers on 98Se than i have with vista. Alot has changed since the original RC1. people say microsoft rushed vista, but from what i've seen, and experianced, they didn't. A good deal of bugs were fixed before release. Most of the problems now aren't even their responsibility (drivers).

^^ditto. Honestly, i've had more problems with drivers on 98Se than i have with vista. Alot has changed since the original RC1. people say microsoft rushed vista, but from what i've seen, and experianced, they didn't. A good deal of bugs were fixed before release. Most of the problems now aren't even their responsibility (drivers).
yeah i have to agree , the driver issues arent microsofts fault , they are not responsible for writing drivers for other companies . my only problem with vista is that you need a high spec machine to use it , i dont think my athlon xp with 1gb of ram would cop very well , it seems you need a core 2 duo with 2gigs of ram to have it running stable

Just because they pull it from shelves, doesn't mean they won't support it anymore. It's basically normal for older stuff to be replaced by newer stuff.

You won't find a Norton Antivirus 2004 on the shelves, while it still supports it.

However, let it be, it's the way it goes. Remember when Windows 98/ME was removed from shelves when Windows XP came in?

As for Company making, it's normal that they automatically move for newer stuff. If you WANT Windows XP, keep your CDs or get them while it lasts.

As for MAC...they listen also to their customers. It's normal that it will take time. Remember...it's not 123...it's a sh!t load of programming lines for just ONE piece of hardware.

I agree that companyies must move on to new and better things, software,hardware , ect.. just as the game consoles that were once in, had their turn and are ever moving forward onto the new.

It won't be long before cd games give way to DVD type games and so on..

most games come on DVDs and CDs... but DVDs are gonna win it out for sure.
I just installed a bunch of games..
farcry - 5 discs
ut2004 - 6 discs
diablo2+exp - 4 discs

etc

Back
Top Bottom