Official Windows 10 Thread

Windows 10 updates cause CorsairVBusDriver BSOD crash loop​

Microsoft's December 2020 Windows 10 updates are conflicting with the Corsair Utility Engine software and causing the operating system to go into a BSOD crash loop.

After the December 2020 Patch Tuesday updates were released, Windows 10 users began reporting that the operating system would go into a crash loop where Windows would restart and automatically crash and restart again.

When Windows 10 crashes, it would display a blue screen showing the "Stop code - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" error and stating the CorsairVBusDriver.sys drive failed

Microsoft has not acknowledged this conflict in any of their support bulletins for the recent Windows 10 updates
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ates-cause-corsairvbusdriver-bsod-crash-loop/

So, I still have the USB drive that windows 10 came on, but I lost the card with the key on it.
Does anyone know a simple, cheap (preferably free) way to retrieve my Windows 10 Key?

Thanks

So, I still have the USB drive that windows 10 came on, but I lost the card with the key on it.
Does anyone know a simple, cheap (preferably free) way to retrieve my Windows 10 Key?

Thanks
You do not need a key. Just reinstall your windows 10 (on the same motherboard) and when you go on line it will authenticate automatically

It's needed for the first install but once your computer has had Win 10 installed and activated then that digital license is stored on MS servers. During a clean install on that computer, ignore the installer when it asks for a key, it will still be activated using the stored digital license.

If it's activated and you sign in using your Microsoft account as a W10 logon it retains your key there too. It has enabled me to swap components without being bugged about a key. Probably the only thing Microsoft has done right in years.

Thanks
If you want to find your serials, be it for Windows or otherwise, I use Magical Jellybean. It is a tiny program but it works.

Windows 10 wants to update a driver for an HP printer I haven't had on my network (and removed from my machine) months ago. If I go to apply the update it just crashes.

Back
Top Bottom