Official Windows 10 Thread

The reason i know the cpu is at 100% is task manager....
So as for CPU loads in order:
"Service Host diagnostic policy" 16%
"System" 6%
"Task manager" 5%
5 min later this thing called ""windows explorer is pegging it's way toward the top...

And i definitely have the full 4 cores and not hyperthreads... the CPU model is Pentium J3710@ 1.60 GHZ
Netbook processor, no difference really. Bout like comparing the 8 core Jaguar in the consoles to a desktop 8 core. No comparison, and in this case, still no better than a 15W dually with HT.

Sarcasm aside, they are. Unironically at that. Your average user should ignore it until it's ready, and even most adept users who know how to build a PC shouldn't mess with Windows because they don't know how to troubleshoot their problem and fix it. I've always said just because you can follow a Youtube guide and get a machine running doesn't mean you know how to fix it if it breaks.

I deleted my reply because it may not have been very appropriate.
But I do have the opinion that M$ does put out blunders and often there is no fix no matter what your experience is. You need to wait for a fix, or find a way to bypass the bug, Sometime it takes days before Microsoft admits there is a problem

Last edited:
I feel your reply was very appropriate and true. I know guys that have been building machines for years but when it comes to Windows or operating under the hood they still don't have a clue. There's a reason enterprise ops is always multiple major updates behind. When I got cut Lockheed was still on 1809 with 1909 available but not pushed. Microsoft does make mistakes and it's widely known, but people still insist on forcing to the "latest and greatest" and for what? To whine about it later? They got 6 months to implement, push, and test the new implementations before they're expected to go live to whiners. This is a massive undertaking compared to the years between service packs we used to get. My sentiment is this, if the guys who stick to old GPU drivers because they work won't continue updating, why do they update Windows to the latest and whine about the very reason why they don't update GPU drivers? Makes no sense. In any case that's my 2c on it. There are too many "expert" PC users out there that just aren't as expert as they think. Why I continue to have the "you don't need to update" mentality. The only reason I update W10 is because I genuinely enjoy most things that they are doing like dark mode, hardware GPU scheduling, newer WDDMs, SMB3/kernel updates, Edge Chromium, etc. When I update I know the risks and if something does break (like bluetooth on my laptop because I forced 2004) I fix it and move on because I can.

Back
Top Bottom