Official Windows 10 Thread

We do not like Wally World (aka Walmart) and we do shop local smaller stores for groceries and stuff. I'm sure that at some point in time there will be the facial recognition and such even in the smaller places, especially if it involves financial gain. I read recently that law enforcement can get your video from your Ring doorbell without your permission (for investigation purposes) Ring provides access to law enforcement
https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...h-police-forces-extending-surveillance-reach/
Ring is owned by Amazon, which bought the firm last year for more than $800 million

Welcome to 1984....George Orwell

Last edited:
I agree, Isn't android a part of google? I thought so as it was all default when i bought this one.
Yup....Android is Google, I have heard on the news but I'm not positive that the EU or somebody is bringing up a law suit about that issue against Google and their monopoly on cell phones

We do not like Wally World (aka Walmart) and we do shop local smaller stores for groceries and stuff. I'm sure that at some point in time there will be the facial recognition and such even in the smaller places, especially if it involves financial gain. I read recently that law enforcement can get your video from your Ring doorbell without your permission (for investigation purposes) Ring provides access to law enforcement
https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...h-police-forces-extending-surveillance-reach/
Ring is owned by Amazon, which bought the firm last year for more than $800 million

Welcome to 1984....George Orwell
One reason why I ditched cloud based doorbell camera systems, and cameras in general.
I can vouch for this one. My company services Brookshire's and they are very cheap.
In Venus we had a David's, and down the road a Brookshire's. I know they're pretty damn cheap lol

... I read recently that law enforcement can get your video from your Ring doorbell without your permission (for investigation purposes) Ring provides access to law enforcement...
Law enforcement is more than welcome to get the video from my Ring doorbell. The only people they will see on there are either delivery people or porch bandits. We don't use the front door to go in and out as when we're going out we generally leave via the car so go out thru the garage. Doesn't seem very Orwellian to me.

Law enforcement is more than welcome to get the video from my Ring doorbell. The only people they will see on there are either delivery people or porch bandits. We don't use the front door to go in and out as when we're going out we generally leave via the car so go out thru the garage. Doesn't seem very Orwellian to me.
It is this type of mind set that is most dangerous to personal liberties

It is this type of mind set that is most dangerous to personal liberties
Agreed. If they had a chain of command to ask that's one thing, being able to lift footage off the cloud is different. People use Ring indoor cameras as well, and it bodes a major privacy concern. Just because they say you're able to decline and they request via email doesn't mean they haven't already grabbed the footage. Before anybody screams "they can't do that" sit down and understand "you won't know that". I want an official request to take footage of private property, like it should be. I actually left my Ring 2 at my old house when I moved with a note saying "welcome home gift, it's off my account just hit reset to show up in the app". Not only did it take way too long to process footage I needed, the more I read the more privacy concerns I had with a cloud based service. That's all besides the annual fee.

Back
Top Bottom