Official Windows 10 Thread

Win10 is really starting to piss me off.

I had issues earlier so I reinstalled 1809 and blocked updates until I had the issues resolved. So now I have restarted updates and nothing will update but rather fails. I have even tried to manually upgrade to 1909 via Upgrade Assistant and it fails.

Very frustrated.

What's causing it to fail? I know I had issues, and it was because of the XPS Virtual Print driver; had to disable it in Windows Features, and the upgrade went through after that.

What's causing it to fail? I know I had issues, and it was because of the XPS Virtual Print driver; had to disable it in Windows Features, and the upgrade went through after that.

No clue as to what is causing it to fail. I have already using SFC and DISM (even used my Win10 ISO with DISM to do any repairs).

I don't remember if Upgrade Assistant gave any specific error code for why it couldn't do the upgrade. I do know that I am showing two failed updates that have the same error code, 0x800F0922.
2019-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 (KB4530715)
2019-12 Cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 (KB4533094)

The Security Intelligence updates for Windows Defender have been able to go through.

EDIT: Using WuMgr (Update Manager for Windows) I was able to get the .NET update to squeak through. KB4530715 continues to give me the finger.

Last edited:
I have had flash drives, SD cards, and other random USB devices with storage built in, cause updates to fail... Don't know why that happens with Win10, but it's damned annoying.

I don't know, Windows sucks. I am not smart enough to figure out how to use Linus, Somewhere i saw a thread somewhere that you could turn a system to Androids. Sounds like something i could try.

Don't turn to android, please. (And by the way, it's called a raspberry pi) Although windows 10 2004 is a big pain in the tush... (Typical M$ special: A good old blue screen with some audio failures and the whole thing locks up sometimes...)

Yeah, I have been looking up the good, the bad and the ugly. I have a copy of 64 bit windows 7 somewhere in my office, just need to find it and dust it off. Maybe some of the junk that is getting to be a pita will disappear. Just don't like how this copy of windows 10 is working. Things just not working like it is supposed to do. They keep pushing these updates to fix some things and screw up other things. Windows is buggy for sure. They need to step back and look at what they have done and just fix what's not working before they add more problems. I saw a thread somewhere saying that windows 10 is spam and malware! Now why does that sound about right?? Hummm

Back
Top Bottom