Official Windows 10 Thread

Another find from Microsoft's beta testers...(yourselves)
Microsoft says that devices running Windows 10 2004 or Windows 10 20H2 might crash with blue screens of death (BSODs) when users plug in a Thunderbolt NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) Solid State Drive (SSD).

Affected devices will also display a "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION (e6). An illegal DMA operation was attempted by a driver being verified." stop error.

Microsoft urges affected users to "not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until the safeguard is removed."

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...rashes-when-connecting-thunderbolt-nvme-ssds/

Microsoft has acknowledged a new known issue causing forced restarts on Windows 10 20H2 devices due to the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) system process crashing.

Whenever LSASS fails, the users will immediately lose access to the accounts available on the machine, an error will be automatically displayed, and the device is forced to restart.

Microsoft says that it will provide updated bundles and refreshed installation media within the next few weeks, as soon as a resolution is available for the LSASS known issue.

Until a fix for the issue will be offered, Redmond recommends users to "not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved."

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...20h2-lsass-crash-issue-causes-forced-reboots/

So... something about Windows 10... I have a PC with a Pentium 4 core 1.6 GHZ, 4gb ddr3 and a WD paperweight (It's like an SSD but instead of a chip it has this thing that spins around... (fascinating, eh?)) but it is constantly at 100% CPU and it locks up every time I try to do even the most simple tasks, does anyone know if this is just the hardware being to slow (It is a quad core...) or is there something going on in Win10 that is making it like that?

Have you checked to see what running in the back ground that is causing your cpu cycles to be full throttle? You can check for any malicious apps with Malwarebytes, and I've seen Windows update run up the cpu cycles too

They don't make Pentiums in quad so it'll be dual with HT, and yes 4 threads can easily be hammered. That'll be the equivalent of the 4 thread AMD chips that my kids have in their junker HPs and the CPU almost constantly stays pegged. Like Joe said, check to see what's hogging the CPU. It's easy to do in task manager by sorting by CPU load.

The reason i know the cpu is at 100% is task manager....
So as for CPU loads in order:
"Service Host diagnostic policy" 16%
"System" 6%
"Task manager" 5%
5 min later this thing called ""windows explorer is pegging it's way toward the top...

And i definitely have the full 4 cores and not hyperthreads... the CPU model is Pentium J3710@ 1.60 GHZ

Back
Top Bottom