Official Windows 10 Thread

^ Some of those privacy concerns can apply to Win7/Win8.1 now, as there's been some recent updates that include more telemetry.

Though I have yet to find an actual article done by a trusted resource using WireShark that shows exactly what data is being transmitted and such. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the unique machine ID being sent even when a lot of the telemetry stuff is disabled...but there's been a lot of little utilities to try and remedy that - whether they're actually successful in blocking that without the end user blocking it at the firewall/router level is another question.

I can't speak for anybody else, but there is a difference between Google and Microsoft.

Yeah, Google's been collecting your data and using that as their primary revenue for years, but Microsoft is just starting to try that :p.

Yeah, Google's been collecting your data and using that as their primary revenue for years, but Microsoft is just starting to try that :p.

Yes I know this, but it's a case of who do you trust more or the lesser of two evils. To me there's a difference between the data from my phone and the data from my PC. If Google wants to monitor my Instagram and texts then fine. Microsoft monitoring all on a PC is a different story.

^ And yet people have no qualms when their phone does it (Android/iOS) :lol:.

I have a problem with my phone and computer privacy.. I disable everything I can and I never use gps on my iphone as that requires 3/4G or wifi = Apple storing data..

Instead I have a nokia lumia 820 which you can use GPS without data so much safer :cool:

Yes I know this, but it's a case of who do you trust more or the lesser of two evils. To me there's a difference between the data from my phone and the data from my PC. If Google wants to monitor my Instagram and texts then fine. Microsoft monitoring all on a PC is a different story.

Its silly to think there is a difference between phone and computer... a Smartphone is a computer..........

Most people access word docs, emails, contacts, GPS (location tracking), media sites etc on both devices.. so it helps Apple/Google/ Microsoft build a bigger picture of each person... :cool:

Cross referencing both devices that match a unique user gives them more accurate data! :cool:

Its silly to think there is a difference between phone and computer... a Smartphone is a computer..........

Most people access word docs, emails, contacts, GPS (location tracking), media sites etc on both devices.. so it helps Apple/Google/ Microsoft build a bigger picture of each person... :cool:

Cross referencing both devices that match a unique user gives them more accurate data! :cool:
My computer does way more than my phone ever will, and I don't mean that from a software or hardware standpoint either. Every day my phone doesn't even use up 15% of the battery after being at work for 12 hours if that gives you any idea. I do all internet, texting, social media, and the like from my computer while my phone sits on my desk at work and at home. That's why I said if Google wants to monitor the bickering back and forth with my ex and my sister then fine. Microsoft on the other hand monitoring all activities on my PC is a different story completely. That's not even speaking about grey area activities.

My computer does way more than my phone ever will, and I don't mean that from a software or hardware standpoint either. Every day my phone doesn't even use up 15% of the battery after being at work for 12 hours if that gives you any idea. I do all internet, texting, social media, and the like from my computer while my phone sits on my desk at work and at home. That's why I said if Google wants to monitor the bickering back and forth with my ex and my sister then fine. Microsoft on the other hand monitoring all activities on my PC is a different story completely. That's not even speaking about grey area activities.

Yeah of course thats the same with me, I agree with you my phone isnt used like my PC BUT! im talking about most users in the world... they use their phones like their PCs and that includes my wife.. they do everything on them and dont have a clue whats being traced/ stored etc..

Back
Top Bottom