Official Overclocking Score Board

@ Remeniz

/bow

This is the best I can do stable
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1091215

I spent most of the morning trying to get beat your stable OC . I just do not think I can do it with out liquid cooling and better RAM. 25 mins into prime 95 I was running at core temps of 89C. It held the 89C for 7-8 mins so I am assuming thats about were the temp was going to plateau at.

Anyway, I figured I would show you my feeble attempt.

dude your goin to fry your chip

I'm not leaving it with that clock. No way would I run it for any real period of time at those temps. I might run 70ish, but that would be max for my personal threshold. 20-40 mins to get a stable OC score thats a different story..

EDIT: I normally don't OC anymore because I do not need to for my daily activities. I just thought it would be fun to play around with it. Its raining outside, I didn't have anything to do. And hell Remeniz deserved the props. I actually tried to beat him and could not. Pushed my CPU to a hot level to do it.

Why not?

It's a stable OC and the feature is there to enable/disable HT. The CPU doesn't become unusable without HT.

I guess, but would you really keep your hyperthreading disabled on your i7? It kinda defeats the point of having an i7, and I bet your OC would actually perform worse than the max OC with HT enabled.

just sayin...

I guess, but would you really keep your hyperthreading disabled on your i7? It kinda defeats the point of having an i7, and I bet your OC would actually perform worse than the max OC with HT enabled.

just sayin...

for benchmarking yea, but not for just the sake of a high OC number

just sayin...

When I run @ 4.200Ghz or below the HT is on. I'm actually glad that I can turn it on or off. Although I will test and see what the performance is like at 4.200Ghz HT and 4.363Ghz no HT. Although the only test that would suffer is multi-threading apps. I guess...

I could've run 4.363Ghz+ with HT in the garage last week when we had sub zero temps.

:)

Back
Top Bottom