Official Crysis Demo Info!

There are currently no requirements and there are loads of different estimates flying round the internet so its hard to say
I am realy going to say probably medium at about 30fps however you will have to wait till the demo comes to see

Thanks

Apparently the single core will slow it waay down.

That's what i guessed. Chris how well is ur Q6600 working for you? Yesterday i started thinking about upgrading my comp, and what I gat from newegg came around to like $1700. Will Crysis be able to use all 4 Processors? are there more games coming out that will take the full potential of the Q6600?

Thanks

That's what i guessed. Chris how well is ur Q6600 working for you? Yesterday i started thinking about upgrading my comp, and what I gat from newegg came around to like $1700. Will Crysis be able to use all 4 Processors? are there more games coming out that will take the full potential of the Q6600?

I think i might of made a slight miestimation , i thought your cpu was dual core , if its only single core it will obviously be lower .

Working great, i can leave whatever im doing in the background and open up a game now :) Quad is just soo much smoother for me doing 10 things at a time.

I think crysis will use all 4 cores, and most games coming out will utilize at least 2.

I think i might of made a slight miestimation , i thought your cpu was dual core , if its only single core it will obviously be lower .

Ya muz its a single core :( I made a very big mistake when i gat this comp about year and a half ago, I spend lots, and lots of money for it to be completely obsolete only 6 month later...you not going to believe it, but i spend about $3500 when i gat it, that's included $200 for @ and I think $150 for labor, it was custom build for me in one of the pc stores around my hood. But what ever what's done is done, I didn't know much about computers back then :)

I heard that DX-10.01 will be coming out, does anyone have any idea when? Coz i don't want to get a new Rig with a $500 vid card for it to be obsolete only a few month later lol.

Thanks.

Working great, i can leave whatever im doing in the background and open up a game now :) Quad is just soo much smoother for me doing 10 things at a time.

I think crysis will use all 4 cores, and most games coming out will utilize at least 2.

Great, Thanks man. My next core will deff be a Quad core :)

Ya muz its a single core :( I made a very big mistake when i gat this comp about year and a half ago, I spend lots, and lots of money for it to be completely obsolete only 6 month later...you not going to believe it, but i spend about $3500 when i gat it, that's included $200 for @ and I think $150 for labor, it was custom build for me in one of the pc stores around my hood. But what ever what's done is done, I didn't know much about computers back then :)

I heard that DX-10.01 will be coming out, does anyone have any idea when? Coz i don't want to get a new Rig with a $500 vid card for it to be obsolete only a few month later lol.

Thanks.
Well i suppose you will never go there again for a pc , What i am doing is rebuilding my pc bit by bit mainly cos i dont just have £400 to just drop at once so the other day i bought a new mobo cpu and ram which cos £100, next part will be another gig of ram then a new powersupply and a new GPU . THen its hard drives and bits like that so sometime by next febuary i should have a complete built and then i will do this process again in like november next year
As for DX10.01 i realy dont know cos i havent been paying much attention but last i heard it will be compatible with any current DX 10 card

Well i suppose you will never go there again for a pc , What i am doing is rebuilding my pc bit by bit mainly cos i dont just have £400 to just drop at once so the other day i bought a new mobo cpu and ram which cos £100, next part will be another gig of ram then a new powersupply and a new GPU . THen its hard drives and bits like that so sometime by next febuary i should have a complete built and then i will do this process again in like november next year
As for DX10.01 i realy dont know cos i havent been paying much attention but last i heard it will be compatible with any current DX 10 card

What do you do with the parts that you replace? Do u sell tyhem on like ebay? I weas thinking of maybe selling my current rig on ebay and use that money for new parts, but I have a yunger brother whos comp is kind of bad, so I will prob give him my current rig, after takingout the HDD and DVD. How much do u think my current rig will sell on ebay? just the rig.(without the sound card :))

Sorry If i hijacked this thread. This is the last question i promise :)

What do you do with the parts that you replace? Do u sell tyhem on like ebay? I weas thinking of maybe selling my current rig on ebay and use that money for new parts, but I have a yunger brother whos comp is kind of bad, so I will prob give him my current rig, after takingout the HDD and DVD. How much do u think my current rig will sell on ebay? just the rig.(without the sound card :))

Sorry If i hijacked this thread. This is the last question i promise :)

Well i am currently selling my old mobo cpu and ram yeah sometimes i keep them as spares depends if i can get decent money for selling them . I generaly dont sell stuff like cases i use them again if they are good enough and my hardd drives are fine , the case i have now was from my previous build
I think if you split it down to parts you obviously aint gonna make all your $3500 back but you could make enough to buy say one of your parts such as your cpu or ram
Your gpu should be good enough to reuse if you dont wanna go DX10 yet cos of the whole dx10.01 thing

Well i am currently selling my old mobo cpu and ram yeah sometimes i keep them as spares depends if i can get decent money for selling them . I generaly dont sell stuff like cases i use them again if they are good enough and my hardd drives are fine , the case i have now was from my previous build
I think if you split it down to parts you obviously aint gonna make all your $3500 back but you could make enough to buy say one of your parts such as your cpu or ram
Your gpu should be good enough to reuse if you dont wanna go DX10 yet cos of the whole dx10.01 thing

Cool thanks muz. Il prob creat a new thread down the road when il be ready to get a new rig, this time i want to build it my self :) hopefully u guys will help me

Cheers.

You wont need a new rig for awhile. The resell value on your parts will def. drop, but they have already made there initial price drops. If its been a year, maybe upgrade the mobo, because that will allow for tons of other upgrades in the future. Like a dual-core processor. But you probably wont need a while new rig for 3 years or more, depending on how yours is going. Just make a plan of upgrade. I knew from the start I was going to get a DX10 graphics card in about a year from when I started, and that year is almost up. Set off maybe $200 a year to do whatever upgrades are desperatly needed. But hey, its not graphics, but gameplay that really matters. Ram is one thing thats fairly cheap to upgrade, but comes with HUGE beefits. But like I said, for you, the first thing I would do is a new mobo, which would probably mean new ram seeing as you have ddr not ddr2. But its not too critical yet, your system is still a very good one.

Back
Top Bottom