Office 2010 Pro Plus with Excel

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello All. Recently at our work, we are upgrading our 2007 office to 2010 Pro Plus office. We use the Oracle database a lot so users are always extracting data from Oracle and Oracle saves the files type as .tsv . Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal to open the file with Excel but for some reason after we installed Office 2010.. I've had to delete the domain users profile and then recreate for it to just open that .tsv file in Excel 2010... I tried setting the default association of that file type to open in Excel but it has never worked until I recreated the users profile. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advanced!

I've already tried that and still no luck. I've tried doing the upgrade and then also doing a custom install once 2007 was uninstalled and still no go...

I tried setting the default association of that file type to open in Excel but it has never worked until I recreated the users profile. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advanced!

Maybe this might work, close both office 2007 and 2010 temporarily.
Go to your folder with excel documents, highlight one of them and right click. :/
Next choose which default program you want it to open with.
Choose ms office 2010 and make sure you choose excel 2010.
The colors may seem closely similiar but you should be able to differentate and choose between the versions.
Click apply and click ok it should be able to go straight to excel 2010.
If so, try removing office 2007 go to add/remove feature in control panel and click change installation.
Tell it to remove everything related to office 2007, when its done reboot.
Check it again and make sure the file association works.
If not try what I said and office 2010 and windows should be able to pick up on it and get it right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom