Off Topic: T.V. Shows

Canceled Favorites: Eureka, Warehouse 13, Star Trek: TNG, Star Trek (the last series), Lost Girl, Nip/Tuck (last season or so drug on, though)

Other Shows: Dr. Who, Family Guy, Mythbusters, Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead

EDIT: Been thinking about getting into Continuum.

Yeah, but I lost interest when they started with all the spin-offs. Too much to keep up with and the characters weren't as good as the original.

After the second season of Atlantis the characters were actually better IMO. Not real sure what you mean by all the spin-offs though. Only 3 main TV shows, last one was canceled early on because it was too dark.

After the second season of Atlantis the characters were actually better IMO. Not real sure what you mean by all the spin-offs though. Only 3 main TV shows, last one was canceled early on because it was too dark.

Man PP those were the days watching Stargate when I was like 12 or 13 at home, getting home as quick as possible so I could watch the repeats.

I have no idea were we are now even tho it has been canceled I lost a big portion when I took unwell. I know you had the Original, Atlantis, and Universe but the original I lost track about the time the replicators were at war with the azguard. I completely fell out for about two years and then moved out of home and couldn't Satelite TV.

Did you mean universe was cancelled because it was too dark. I liked what I saw of that when I was watching the re-runs, then at the time I had never saw them.

I couldn't get in too Atlantis but the Original was the best. Part of the reason I'm such a Fan Boi of Tech and my Computers \ PC's .

What happened with the original any pointers on were the azguard went with the War on the replicators. I know I'm going back a lot their as in the story line but man it was so good to get your teeth in to and Jack o Neil; Richard Dean Anderson. His acting was brilliant. Amanda Tapping. Who doesn't want a Blond bombshell standing their fixing and doing everything you can with the tech they used in the show.

What happened PP when I fell out of watching it about 2002 ..

Not real sure what you mean by all the spin-offs though. Only 3 main TV shows, last one was canceled early on because it was too dark.

SG1, Atlantis, Universe. There was also Stargate Infinity, even though it was animated. The original movie was great. They should have stuck with a single series, maybe one extra series at most. It's like the Spiderman or Batman movies... after the first few of them, I don't really want to watch anymore of them. The basic idea is still the same from one to the next.

Man PP those were the days watching Stargate when I was like 12 or 13 at home, getting home as quick as possible so I could watch the repeats.

I have no idea were we are now even tho it has been canceled I lost a big portion when I took unwell. I know you had the Original, Atlantis, and Universe but the original I lost track about the time the replicators were at war with the azguard. I completely fell out for about two years and then moved out of home and couldn't Satelite TV.

Did you mean universe was cancelled because it was too dark. I liked what I saw of that when I was watching the re-runs, then at the time I had never saw them.

I couldn't get in too Atlantis but the Original was the best. Part of the reason I'm such a Fan Boi of Tech and my Computers \ PC's .

What happened with the original any pointers on were the azguard went with the War on the replicators. I know I'm going back a lot their as in the story line but man it was so good to get your teeth in to and Jack o Neil; Richard Dean Anderson. His acting was brilliant. Amanda Tapping. Who doesn't want a Blond bombshell standing their fixing and doing everything you can with the tech they used in the show.

What happened PP when I fell out of watching it about 2002 ..
The Asgard actually died off as a race. They won the war against the replicators in Atlantis but the problem with the Asgard are their home planet diminished and something with their reproduction stalled. It's fuzzy but that's the gist.

Universe was canned because it was way too dark and they took out the comedy of the show that everybody liked. There was too much backstabbing, too many subplots, and the main cast wasn't very likeable. They lost a lot of viewers because of the direction they took and so it was canceled before even finishing Season 2.

SG1, Atlantis, Universe. There was also Stargate Infinity, even though it was animated. The original movie was great. They should have stuck with a single series, maybe one extra series at most. It's like the Spiderman or Batman movies... after the first few of them, I don't really want to watch anymore of them. The basic idea is still the same from one to the next.
Well SG1, Atlantis, and Universe are all canon and the movies after the first Stargate are I guess you could call spinoffs. I'm not sure about the animated series as I didn't watch it. Unlike Spiderman, Batman and all the continuous shows/movies these 3 series continued the story of what was happening to Earth, the "original" people, and how they were progressing.

Early on in the Earth relationship with the Asgard, the Asgard state that they can not reproduce, and are essentially clones... Towards the end of Stargate (the original series), the Asgard give the humans an Asgard core for one of the human ships - then state that they as a species have finally met their end. I can't remember if the Asgard decided to destroy their world and their lives as they could no longer reproduce and genetic quality from all the cloning had gone to the gutter, or what really happened afterwards. But since the beginning we knew the Asgards would die out with in the series.

As for Universe - the main reason it lost a lot of viewership isn't just because of how dark it was, it was a space drama, that was attempting to replace BSG, and pick up some of the SG fans at the same time. However, both sides turned on it, because you can not replace BSG, and Atlantis fans got fed up...

I am still fed up that the two movies they had planned (you see the cast talking about an additional two movies along side Continuum and Ark of Truth in the extras on DVD) ended up scrapped entirely.

As for cancelled series, Syfy has had a string of cancelled series... Just like Atlantis and SGU getting shuffled around, time-slots screwed with and so on (this helped lower numbers of viewers, people like a predictable schedule) I recently decided to watch the entire BSG set of shows (not counting the pre 2000's version) and am rather upset that Syfy killed Caprica off... Yes it was different from BSG, but, it had to be different lore-wise. What really irked me was the fact that they had scenes for a season 2 ready to go, and Syfy cancelled the series half way into the first season... Then the last few episodes ended up pulled from the network and not shown till the next year. Seriously, that was a series that should have had 3-4 seasons... Would be nice to see Caprica tie into Blood and Chrome fully, then Blood and Chrome somehow tie into the main BSG series a little better.

Oh, and I thank Syfy and Fox always cancelling my shows, because I would not have turned into le'pirate otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom