OEM WINDOWS XP Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHNAPPS

Baseband Member
Well I just bought a new laptop, and I was wondering if there is a way to use the restore disk from the manufacturers to reinstall just WINDOWS XP Home Edition. Another question lets say I decide to reformat my laptop with my own Windows XP Pro cd, what program would you recommend that I use to backup my drivers? To make sure all the keys and track pad work on my laptop.

You won't be able to use your OEM XP on another computer except the one it came with. If you decide to format using your own XP Pro, you should be able to get all the drivers/softwares from the manufacture website. XP also has good support for many hardwares so you won't go wrong installing it.

There is a few programs out there one is DriverGenius and the other is Driver magic. It will backup all your drivers including the motherboard drivers. And you can just burn them onto a CD. Then after you install windows you can reinstall the program and it will put them all back where they belong. Ive been using drivers genius for a year or so and you cant beat it for a reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom