Odd Problem With Sprint Mobile Broadband

guitardude777

In Runtime
I am having a very weird problem with the Sprint Mobile Broadband on my laptop that started happening a few weeks ago. I'm getting extremely good download and upload speeds, but when I'm browsing the web, websites take forever to load. Everything else works just fine; I'm even getting pretty high download speeds with p2p file sharing. I contacted Sprint and they have no idea what is wrong. We tried resetting the card and resetting the Winsock protocol; neither worked. I'm running Windows Vista, don't know if that has anything to do with it. I've had Sprint Mobile Broadband for a couple of months and it's been blazing fast up until a few weeks ago when websites starting taking forever to load. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be wrong?

I use Mozilla Firefox, but the problem is not the browser. I thought it was, but I tried Internet Explorer and it didn't fix the problem. And I forgot to say that I have used CCleaner to clean all of the temporary files. I've also flushed the DNS cache. None of that helped.

Hmm thats weird. I've got the Verizon Mobile Broadband myself. What kind of dBm are you getting?

The thing thats weird is if your getting fast speeds downloading on p2p networks your browsing should be fast as well. Its possible you have some type of spyware or adware on your computer.

If I was you I'd download spybot or use windows defender and see if you have something on your computer slowing things down.

There is absolutely no spyware or anything like that on the computer. I run CCleaner all the time and I'm also running NOD32. I'm getting great download and upload speeds. Last time I checked my download speed was above 700kbps.

Back
Top Bottom