Odd Issues, Need Help! CPU Pins bent! How Do I Fix!

Get this did the same thing, only everything was fine on mine. was just "curious" so took out my cpu, and when I pushed it back onto the mobo i didn't press hard enough (being delicate with it) i tried to lock it onto the board, ended up bending down 10 or 11 pins. slowly tryed to straighten them and they just fell off. not even cracked. i'de say 2 or 3 pins fell off. put it back onto my mobo, booted up fine. It was all luck. it's also a socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+ 2200 Mhz 1 Core... yeah im running old school.

Facepalm.jpg

If you ever bought a CPU from a store before with a list of specs, there is an L1 and L2 Chache on the cpu, they hold about 256Kb - 2Mb of ram, the REALLY fast stuff, his has around 512Kb, but 7 will 100% assured crash below 44mb of ANY ram.
Are you high? The BIOS will detect the fact that there is no installed system memory (and in most cases emit a series of beeps telling you there is no memory installed) and fail to post. End of story.

Are you high? The BIOS will detect the fact that there is no installed system memory (and in most cases emit a series of beeps telling you there is no memory installed) and fail to post. End of story.

Mine doesn't. I was trying to test one stick of RAM by itself and it wasn't in the whole way, took me 2 minutes to figure it out >_>

When RAM is inserted improperly, it'll try to boot, but won't emit a beep code. If you remove it, it'll beep at you.

Back
Top Bottom