OCZ drops memory modules completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
1600's @ 1740 isn't that big of an increase really. :-\

But I agree, it seems they are working more on the SSD market, but, with out high performance ram, what's the point?

I have a 2x2gb ddr2 set of the OCZ HTC ReaperX's that roll face on any ram I've seen out there to be quite honest. Granted I got them from Veedubfreak when he upgraded to his 3 gtx 285's and i7 setup, so that might have had something to do with the quality of the chips. BUT STILL I loved OCZ's ram, definitely some of my favorite sticks have come from them. and like other's have said why can't it be trashy companies that basically spam the market with cheap low quality replica products that go out... but as other's have said at least they aren't gone for good...

You know what is needed, a new enthusiast company that produces good quality hardware at a REASONABLE price. I know in our profession (or hobby as the case may be) things are generally more expensive but and this is me talking as a business man, Why is the no middle ground? We either have poor quality low cost product or High quality exorbitantly priced product if one manufacture was set up selling solid reliable hardware be it ram or psu's any component you name they would have a tight profit margin but have very reasonable sales to counter act this.

G.Skill makes awesome but affordable RAM. My DDR2 800 Pis did 1200. My current 1100s in my server used to do 1250, my old value 400s could do 525, my old DDR500s could do 625 ect ect. A 1333 Ripjaw review kit that was sent to me pulled off 1866 cas 8. I was impressed to say the least.

OCZ was among the top in the DDR days, but they began to falter with DDR2. From what I have read their DDR3 has been hit and miss with a lot of miss. Their flash products (SSD, thumb drives) are top notch, though.

Their DDR2 was still pretty good. In particular the 1100mhz Gold's were pretty awesome overclockers and weren't very expensive either.

I agree with PP Mguire regarding G.Skill, I have been very happy with the set in my desktop and will be buying from them again.

Major bummer! :( I love OCZ and have used them for the majority of my builds. I like products that have a great warranty and that's why I love OCZ. I've only had to RMA two sets of RAM, but the process was totally painless and they even replaced my Reapers with Blades. They certainly have good products though and it's really lame to see them ditch this market. Since I'm upgrading to a Sandy Bridge build soon, I might hold on to these Blades for sentimental value...lol! Think they'll be worth like $1000 in 10 years :p [/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom