Nvidia's Best Buy GTX 460

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
NVIDIA's Best Buy GeForce GTX 460 1GB Video Card Overview - NVIDIA Branded Video Cards Being Sold At Best Buy - Legit Reviews

NVIDIA Branded Video Cards Being Sold At Best Buy

nvidia_geforce_460a.jpg

We got word late yesterday by a friend at NVIDIA that Best Buy had slipped up and released NVIDIA branded graphics cards on Sunday night. This was a week before they were supposed to hit store shelves as NVIDIA hasn't even released the PR stating that the company has joined forces with Best Buy and that Best Buy is now directly selling NVIDIA Branded video cards directly to consumers. We contacted NVIDIA's PR department at they made a comment for us.

"NVIDIA and Best Buy are working together to offer PC customers the opportunity to experience firsthand the latest in PC technologies right inside Best Buy stores. As part of this broad initiative, NVIDIA is supplying to Best Buy specific GeForce models built and supported by NVIDIA. These products will only be available at Best Buy and will complement GeForce products from our partners. We will provide more details on this next week." - NVIDIA PR

This is the first time that we have seen NVIDIA branded video cards being sold direct and we went to a few Best Buy stores in St. Louis today and sure enough, we spotted the cards sitting on store shelves. We couldn't leave the store empty handed, so we bought the card for $299.99 and headed back to see what it was all about.

$300!!!!! Who would spend that much on a 460? Is it more expensive to get it directly from Nvidia or is this good old fashion retailer markup?

I like the idea of Nvidia handling the manufacturing of the cards, that means they should meet the requirements for cooling, I know a lot of manufactures tend to skip the cooling on the cards and it ends up costing the customer in the end, but for that price, it's normal with it being BestBuy.

I know that Best Buy has awful markups but that blew my mind. I only buy things from Best Buy if they have a set retail price like games and music.

Though it'd be safe to assume some good quality cards would come from Nvidia themselves, so this is a double edged sword.

Yea thats typical of Best Buy. Early in the year i was forced to buy an H50 from Best Buy and it cost my 86 bucks after tax. At that very time they where selling 4850s for like 250 bucks. No joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom