Nvidia GoForce?!?

well I read about this new amazing material.
Not only was it the strongest thing known to man (yes, stronger than diamonds)
it could be used for so many different things. One was like a paper sheet monitor. I mean just like 1mm thick "monitor", and it was flexible, just like paper. So u could actually just roll it together and it would take very little space, then just open it and it would become a big enough monitor.

I don't know how they planned to put the image on it, maybe some projection or something. But that material (don't remember the name) has so much potential.
And using it as a monitor kinda device is not going to happen soon, but I can see it used anywhere that u use other strong materials for. Like houses, furniture, military vehicles, body armor, almost anything.

Edit: just googled for the name.
And apparently this stuff is called nanotubes.

And gues what else I found on google?
Eyewitnesses of the Roswell crash said that they saw some kind of metal that would bend, but not dent or brake. And that metal had the ability to return to it's original shape. Kinda sounds like our nanotubes? ;)

Maybe its been experiemented on for a long time if thats the case. Because we all know roswell was a coverup for a government military thing...

Anyhow, it does use some kind of projection I believe from the sides. I don't think the pictures actually sent onto it like a normal monitor.

It looks amazing though, and could be used for a mobile phone/ PDA switcher, rather easily, to a small and big screen for different applications.

EDIT:

Alright, forget about what I said about projection. It actually works like a monitor. look at this:

"PhysOrg is reporting that Motorola has developed a 5" flat-screen prototype display that uses carbon nanotubes. The display appears to promise lower costs for a full 40" HDTV screen bringing the price down to $400. The technology uses standard color TV phosphors, has a response time equaling CRTs', all in a package 1/8" thick. The display characteristics meet or exceed CRTs', such as fast response time, wide viewing angle, and wide operation temperature. All these are areas that LCDs are weak in. Is this the breakthrough we needed to finally make HDTV and flat-panel computer displays *really* affordable?"

Kewl huh? :D

the strongest material in the worlds is a type of carbon. recently it was discoverend and you can mix it with other materials to streghthen it but still have it lighter. this material was found for the pyramid city in tokyo bay. there building huge city in there and there using that carbon to strenghten the concret etc ask The Power we saw a video on it in school.

It says it should be available in the second half of the year. My phone service expires in August and I qualify for a new upgrade. I hope it's out by then. I wouldn't mind getting a phone with that goforce chipset in there. Actually, any new cell phone now is better than what I got.

Just an advertising ploy in my opinion. Why would a cellphone need to game? ITS A FREAKIN' PHONE! It makes cellular calls! It doesn't need to have a nVidia GPU in it. Holy moly, just more incentive for the next cell phone commercials...I can see it now...

"The Verizon XPCVRT56998XTXVR with new ***pause*** NVIDIA GRAPHICS CAPABILITY!!! Now play F.E.A.R and Far Cry with outstanding 32x16 screne size! The best phone to date! It makes Calls, surfs the internet, stalks your girlfriend/boyfriend, uses HDTV, has SURROUND SOUND 8.1, uses an Intel microprocessor @ 5 GIGAHERTZ!!! Play all your games with the new Verizon XPCVRT56998XTXVR"

***followed with***

"Can you hear me now...Good!"

Back
Top Bottom