NVIDIA Geforce Driver Keeps Crashing!!!

Frustrato

Baseband Member
Please can you help me?

I have a problem with my NVIDIA Geforce 730GS video card.

I have one large Samsung wide screen monitor capable of high resolution and alongside this need to run a smaller monitor capable of only 1024x768. The problem is that when the smaller monitor is hooked up, the Samsung adopts the 1024x768 resolution and will not go any higher. Whenever I try to run the display set-up wizard, the wizard crashes and I get the "submit error report" dialogue.

My first thought was to see if there are any driver updates for my card but I've been here Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and cannot seem to find the exact model number listed. I do not know which driver to download. I cannot use the online scan because the computer I'm using to download is not the same as the one I'm setting up. I only use Linux to connect to the internet, never Windows. The computer I'm trying to set up is an audio workstation running Windows XP and is not connected to the internet, so I use either a flash drive or burn drivers to disk in order to transfer files to it.

I have scoured the NVIDIA settings to see if there is any manual way of setting up two monitors but I can't find any options to set two different monitors to their respective resolutions, other than the wizard which just crashes out on me.

Please can you help me resolve this frustrating issue?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom