nvidia 7800 wont work

I knew it wouldn't happen. She has no idea what she's doing so she'd wind up buying me an x99 setup real quick.

Sent from my D6616

Whats an x99 Set up and why real quick?

I have no idea what that means and don't keep up on the latest tech, other than TF..

It's his motherboard chipset... He's basically running a top of the line machine, DDR4, i7, probably the most expensive mobo you can find as well... I looked at a few builds I want to do if I had the case, a basic build using x99 can easily hit $2500 for CPU/RAM/Motherboard alone.

Whats an x99 Set up and why real quick?

I have no idea what that means and don't keep up on the latest tech, other than TF..

It's his motherboard chipset... He's basically running a top of the line machine, DDR4, i7, probably the most expensive mobo you can find as well... I looked at a few builds I want to do if I had the case, a basic build using x99 can easily hit $2500 for CPU/RAM/Motherboard alone.
Basically what he said, X99 is the chipset and what we would I guess call the "platform" in the way I'm referring to it.

I'm currently running X79 actually because I plan to run this free rig to the ground (half way there sadly). She knows nothing about doing anything with this **** so if she decided to pull out a Titan X from my machine she would basically short everything out and owe me a new machine.

Basically what he said, X99 is the chipset and what we would I guess call the "platform" in the way I'm referring to it.

I'm currently running X79 actually because I plan to run this free rig to the ground (half way there sadly). She knows nothing about doing anything with this **** so if she decided to pull out a Titan X from my machine she would basically short everything out and owe me a new machine.

You still haven't gone to the v3? I am shocked...

Or probably because Sandy Bridge still kicks it and I have no reason to upgrade unless I'm forced to. Seriously, #8 in 3dmark Ultra stomping even some 5960x that get way higher physics scores than my CPU. Plays all games fine, and from what I can tell PCI-E 2 16x isn't bottlenecking me at all. 4 year old platform proving we're not CPU bound on the Intel side.

Back
Top Bottom