NVIDIA 6800 GS Gets pretty ~HOT~Is 65 C bad?

OtakuBakaA

In Runtime
Title says it ALL FOLKS! I have a 6800 GS and when i play cs source it gets to about 65 C , so im wondering if thats considered normal or "danger".

Have you overclocked it? Thats nasty...

Its a bad contact...You need to get yourself down to your nearest computer shop and pick up some thermal paste. Take your fan and heat sink off and put a blob on the GPU.

Stick it back on and you'll be back down to 35'C before you can say: "never buy XFX"

Hah, I had a 6600GT and it idled at 60 Celsius, and went up to 98 Celsius. I think you're okay with a 65 Celsius load temperature ;). Unless, of course, the 6800GS isn't supposed to get that hot, I don't know. My 7800GT gets up to around 68 Celsius under load.

I got mine about 3 weeks ago. I'm at 500/1.15 idling at 44 Celsius now. The signature needs to be changed... and will in a few seconds. :D

I don't know if that's to hot or not. I used to run an ATI Radeon 9250 at 78 Celsius at one time, so I think you're OK. But my current card never gets any higher then 45C, and that's under a HUGE load. It's all thanks to the Kingwin Super-Heatpipe VGA cooler! Thing's a beast! :D

i dont think its hot for an nvidia card, mines been up to 70C so i think urs is ok and if you're not seeing any artifacts then its fine

u again...arent u the one who has the over heating processor lol....yeah i think that is a little too hot...

Back
Top Bottom