NVIDIA 185.85 WHQL Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
NVIDIA 185.85 WHQL Drivers

There are brand new NVIDIA 185.85 WHQL drivers out today for all flavors of Windows. According to the release highlights, these new drivers support GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and the ION platform. Grab them if you need them.

Adds support for Ambient Occlusion – the newest NVIDIA Control Panel feature to offer enhanced 3D gaming realism exclusively to GeForce GPUs. Adds support for CUDA 2.2 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA for more details. Expands GPU hardware acceleration for the NVIDIA Video Encoding library to GPUs with less than 32 cores. Applications using this library include CyberLink PowerDirector 7, Nero Move it 1.5, Loilo SuperLoiloScope MARS, and CyberLink MediaShow Espresso.

What does Ambient occlusion do? Is it something that tweaks the lighting slightly and you can barely tell anything was done at all? How much of an fps hit would I take when running 1920x1200?

i dont take much (if any) noticible FPS hit with AO on. i only play at 1680x1050.

and AO just makes the shadows and lighiting look more realistic.

I'm using them and they've been working great on my usual games. AO gives a hardly noticeable performance hit, and a very slight improvement in the way some shadows are displayed. I play only at 1920x1200.

how do you know which version driver you already have? My windows update downloaded some video driver a few weeks ago but I don't know what version it is.

Go into the Device Manager and double click on the Video Adapter. From there click on the Driver tab and read the last 5 digits and put a decimal place after the first 3.

DriverVersion.png

Highlighted in Red is the Driver Version.

i've heard a lot of bad things about these drivers.
182.50 are stil the best so far for me.

i have been running them on win7 and they have been great, gives me a slight improvement in crysis with AA enabled. that's the only thing i have noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom