nvidia 177.83 + PhysX 8.08.01 released

Yes, I believe so. (I should have posted this in the OP I suppose)

NVIDIA SITE said:
GeForce Driver v177.83 with PhysX support

This driver supports NVIDIA® GeForce® 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series desktop GPUs, including the newly released GeForce 9800 GTX+, 9800 GT, and 9500 GT GPUs. The driver adds support for NVIDIA® PhysX™ acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.08.01 is automatically installed with this driver package.

EDIT: Does the 9600gso have 256MB dedicated graphics memory??

tbh I don't know, you'd have read the readme but being as PhysX only works on NVIDIA cards I would suggest that it the case indeed.

I've only just seen it on Guru3D and I'm currently at work so i haven't run it myself yet.

quick question.
is this driver better than the 177.79 drivers?

Once again I haven't had a chance to try it, I'm still at work but it would have to be though ffs, lol

I was getting an audio stuttering complete pc freeze playing MoH:Airborne last night with the 177.79 WHQL candidate. I would suggest searching Guru3D for a 177.83 thread and having a look, they've (northern hemisphere) had it to play with while I was asleep last night so will have a better idea of how it runs.

EDIT: It seems to be getting mixed reviews LINK

I'm just itching to ditch work and bolt home, new video drivers, new physX driver, new cpu and I'm stuck at bloody work arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

lmao

:D

Back
Top Bottom