NTLDR Virus?

j.venning

In Runtime
Hi everyone, having a frustrating time at the moment. Heres the story:

I wanted to install a fresh copy of windows but on a different hard drive so I could keep the current one as a backup. I went ahead with installing windows and it works perfectly until you connect the Backup drive. The hard drive must corrupt the NTDLR files on the OS hard drive so the NTDLR is missing message comes up. Ive restored the files and tried again and again but it still does the same.

The problem is that I need to access files on the backup disc but its impossible because it makes the OS corrupt. I also cannot install windows on it because it only has 200mb left!

Thanks for your time,
James.

when you boot it up does it come up with the message "NTDLR is missing" ?

Because if so thats not a virus. Make sure that the only hard drive plugged in is the one with windows installed on it. Should boot then

This is correct...you cannot have two hhd's in the same computer if they are both set to master....one must be master and one set to slave...via the jumper's in back.

99nasha said:
when you boot it up does it come up with the message "NTDLR is missing" ?

Because if so thats not a virus. Make sure that the only hard drive plugged in is the one with windows installed on it. Should boot then

I said it could of been due to a virus, not A virus.

Thanks for the jumpers info, I took the jumper of the backup and it now works perfectly!

Back
Top Bottom